Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medclear really NCO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medclear really NCO?

On DH's CRs there are listings for an old medical bill. DH says he has no memory of this debt. All three list the CA as Medclear or NCO-Medclr. I couldn't find Medclear on my state's licensing page. Then I found that Medclear is actually NCO. If Medclear is an old company bought by NCO, can NCO still use the Medclear name to collect? Is this an FDCPA violation? I already sent a DV, but just checking. Thanks for all the help!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

Re: Medclear really NCO?

NCO-Medclr appeared as such on my report of 2/16/08. 

Try a search for "NCO" in the search box, then sort by date, you'll find a good discussion of NCO there.

atlast....
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They showed up as NCO-Medclear on my CR.  Have since fallen off.  I do not know about a violation.  I believe only the main company needs to be licensed.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 03-17-2008 03:24 PM
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think it is a violation. NCO, or NCO Portfolio Mgmt, is the parent company to well over 40 different other independent businesses. They are mostly setup as an LLC and opened so as to protect themselves. In other words, if NCO-Medclr gets their butts sued, NCO the parent-company remains unscathed.

I just received a dunning letter for a legit debt (thought I plugged all the leaks from the dam but I guess I missed one). The CA is NCO and on their second page they list all of their subsidiaries, but all contact info ties back into NCO's HQ.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ran into a similar thing last year-
The CA on my report was not licensed- I conacted the licesing for my state and they verified-

I disputed hoping they would verify- so I could go after them-
NOPE it updated with the company that bought them-

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.