Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Bills Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Bills Question

I had a accident and my wife called the ambulance , the total bill for the ambulance was $2,600 I was transported to 2 different hospital 80 miles away. I turn the bill to my insurance but due to the fact that at was a big bill to them they need more info, so I search and I finally got what they wanted, All of this time the ambulance services billed me again and I explain to them what whats happening . Finally the insurance paid almost the whole thing only leaving $165 in witch according to my insurance at was full payment. They " Ambulance" never billed me for the reminder , I dint know I owen then anything until I got a email alert about my credit history , When I found out I piad them what they wanted but now is showing in my credit report. My question what can I do to have this remove from my credit report. Thanks May God Bless
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Medical Bills Question

Glad you both are alright MrGordy.  Welcome aboard!

Since you've already paid it, I assume your insurance company said they did not or would not cover this?  What exactly is reporting... paid or unpaid?

If unpaid, dispute it with the CRAs.

If paid, call the company and explain it was an insurance error and you paid in good faith anyway, and ask if they will please remove it.  If they won't, send them a GW letter.   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=2661
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would actually do the HIPAA program.

[Edited to remove a link that is now prohibited on the FICO Forums.  Sorry.  Instructions on dealing with medical collections can be found by doing a web search for "HIPAA letter".]
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much SmartCokie for your quick response and the link . According to blue cross the ambulance services accepted the check as full payment but I guess later they figure they can hit me up for the rest. I did pay the amount as soon as I knew about it. I have never had any negative in my record ever and this sure mess up my credit score. Thanks so much and God Bless
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Lady for your link, is very uses full. May God Bless you
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow Scarlet! First time I've clicked on the link. Wonderful! I've saved it to my favs for future reference. Smiley Happy

Thanks for posting it.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.