Established Contributor
Irvin

Medical Collection GW?

Has a GW letter worked for anybody that submitted it to a collection agency? I got a $96 collection that appeared on my reports in March. I was so pissed because I was NEVER billed for anything at all. Never. It was for my ER visit in year 2000. But anyhow, I contacted this company first, they never contacted me before, and told them that I never received a bill. Guy goes crazy at me saying that I am irresponsible for not changing my address 6 years ago when i moved out of the house that they claim to be sending bills to. So, I go crazy at him saying "are you retarded or something? How do I know to change my address with you when I don't even know you had my account." I ended up paying right away since it was $96 bucks. Now, I really need to get this collection removed from my reports. It's been nearly 4 months. Do i have any chance? I just hope that this guy is no longer at this job so that somebody else gets my fax/letter.
Established Contributor
Irvin

Re: Medical Collection GW?

bump?
Regular Contributor
ah32

Re: Medical Collection GW?

If the bill is from a visit that took place over 7 years ago, then I would dispute.  The bill was probably sent within 30 days of the visit and because you never made a payment, I would assume the date of last activity would be around the time of the first bill.  If this is over 7 years old, dispute.  Keep us posted.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}