Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collection GW?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical Collection GW?

Has a GW letter worked for anybody that submitted it to a collection agency? I got a $96 collection that appeared on my reports in March. I was so pissed because I was NEVER billed for anything at all. Never. It was for my ER visit in year 2000. But anyhow, I contacted this company first, they never contacted me before, and told them that I never received a bill. Guy goes crazy at me saying that I am irresponsible for not changing my address 6 years ago when i moved out of the house that they claim to be sending bills to. So, I go crazy at him saying "are you retarded or something? How do I know to change my address with you when I don't even know you had my account." I ended up paying right away since it was $96 bucks. Now, I really need to get this collection removed from my reports. It's been nearly 4 months. Do i have any chance? I just hope that this guy is no longer at this job so that somebody else gets my fax/letter.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Collection GW?

bump?
Message 2 of 3
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Re: Medical Collection GW?

If the bill is from a visit that took place over 7 years ago, then I would dispute.  The bill was probably sent within 30 days of the visit and because you never made a payment, I would assume the date of last activity would be around the time of the first bill.  If this is over 7 years old, dispute.  Keep us posted.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.