Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collection- Is this disputable

tag
namron77
Valued Member

Medical Collection- Is this disputable

Help, I am finally trying to clean up the mess that is my credit and noticed a collection that seems incorrect.  Midland Credit Management has a medical collection for $347.  It states the date of last payment as 11/05 and date of major delinquency as 2/07. 

I checked and this is from a hospital bill that I knew nothing about from 1999.  I was in florida for a few months during college and then moved back home.  I never received any bills from the hospital.  My question is, if this incident happened over 8 years ago, can Midland report it on my CRs?  Why are they stating that the date of last payment is 11/05?  I never even knew about the debt.  It seems the debt was sold, so I can't even contact the OC to try to get this resolved.

Please, I need some advice.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Medical Collection- Is this disputable

DV Midland CMRRR and Dispute it the minute they sign for it.

namron77 wrote:
Help, I am finally trying to clean up the mess that is my credit and noticed a collection that seems incorrect.  Midland Credit Management has a medical collection for $347.  It states the date of last payment as 11/05 and date of major delinquency as 2/07. 

I checked and this is from a hospital bill that I knew nothing about from 1999.  I was in florida for a few months during college and then moved back home.  I never received any bills from the hospital.  My question is, if this incident happened over 8 years ago, can Midland report it on my CRs?  Why are they stating that the date of last payment is 11/05?  I never even knew about the debt.  It seems the debt was sold, so I can't even contact the OC to try to get this resolved.

Please, I need some advice.

Message 2 of 5
glamchick
Established Contributor

I just DV'd them also waiting for a reponse I will keep you posted.
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 3 of 5
namron77
Valued Member

Thanks!  I just sent my DV.  When I dispute it, what should I dispute?  I'm sorry I'm new to all of this.  Should I dispute that the information is incorrectly reported or that it is an old debt (over 8 years old)?  Does the 7.5 years start from the moment that I was late with the hospital or from the moment it was sold to the CA?  I'm not really sure what my best option is.  Please be patient with me.  I am still learning.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Obsolete"

namron77 wrote:
Thanks!  I just sent my DV.  When I dispute it, what should I dispute?  I'm sorry I'm new to all of this.  Should I dispute that the information is incorrectly reported or that it is an old debt (over 8 years old)?  Does the 7.5 years start from the moment that I was late with the hospital or from the moment it was sold to the CA?  I'm not really sure what my best option is.  Please be patient with me.  I am still learning.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.