cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical collection reporting. Please Help!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Medical collection reporting. Please Help!!!!

Hi!

I have 2 medical bills on my credit report that are effecting me negatively. Both bills are from over 4 years ago and are paid in full. Here's my questions.

1) Is it true that once they are paid, since they are medical in nature, that they have to be removed from my report?

2) If so, do I just send a regular dispute letter to all CRA, or would it be a different kind?

3) if it is different, what kind would be best for a paid in full account?

Thanks and hope to hear your responses soon!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Medical collection reporting. Please Help!!!!

Hi Cassavy, and welcome to the forums. Because you have those medical collections, you need to use the HIPAA Process. Read the HIPAA process to figure out where you are in the process. Feel free to post as many questions as you would like.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. I really appreciate you taking the time.

I've read the HIPAA Process thread and it is very helpful. However, I am a little confused as to where to start in the process. Here's my questions.

1) Since my dept is paid in full and I proof in the form of  from bank statements etc., is it necessary to write the OC?

2)  I didn't see a dispute letter for the paid in full disputes. Is there one?

3) Can I just write a dispute letter to the 3 CRA stating the HIPAA clause and have them remove it?

4) Lastly, is it necessary to Putout of both things if your account is paid in full?

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks again! Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 5
kcc
Established Member

Im no expert but my understanding of medical bills if you pay the OC then the payments are tax deductible and the OC must remove the tradeline from all credit reports within 45 days. If you paid a CA then you are out of luck.

Again this is only my understanding and I may be wrong.

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@kcc wrote:

Im no expert but my understanding of medical bills if you pay the OC then the payments are tax deductible and the OC must remove the tradeline from all credit reports within 45 days. If you paid a CA then you are out of luck.

Again this is only my understanding and I may be wrong.

Hi kcc.

First of all this thread is close to 3 years old. I'm not sure if you noticed that.

Second medical collections are not automatically removed after payment. In this respect they are just like any other kind of collection and although the HIPAA process is supposed to clear the way for a medical collection to be removed once the OC is paid it's not a guarantee nor automatic.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.