cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Members don't generally post their before and after experiences with 90+ day lates. Heres mine.

tag
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Re: Members don't generally post their before and after experiences with 90+ day lates. Heres mine.

Congrats on the really nice score increase!  

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Members don't generally post their before and after experiences with 90+ day lates. Heres mine.

WoW!!!  Thanks for the hard data point.  I have the exact same thing hanging over me -- set to fall off in 6 months.  Oh happy day...

Message 12 of 18
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

Just a quick question....

Was the whole tradeline deleted or just the 90 day late?

Reason I ask is 90 day lates are hard to do by themselves, not impossible, but usually there is a 30 and a 60 in there as well.

I knew a 90 day late could easily take a 100 points off the score, but I thought the affect of them would minimize as they aged, so falling off in 7 years, there would only be a minor blip.  

Congrats.  Huge increase!  Hope you get 99 points on the other bureaus.

Dan

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 13 of 18
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

I knew a 90 day late could easily take a 100 points off the score, but I thought the affect of them would minimize as they aged, so falling off in 7 years, there would only be a minor blip.  

I read a couple places that 30 and 60 day lates do minimize over time but that 90 and 120 day lates do not. I also read that a 120 day late can drop your score as much as a foreclosure does. Not sure how true this all is but getting a decent score jump when one falls off seems to corroborate that to an extent.

Message 14 of 18
EW800
Valued Contributor

WOW!!!!    Smiley Happy

Like others, I have always known that a 90-day is a major baddie, however I had no idea that it would hold someone down by 99 points after 7 years!   I would have thought it would have lost a fair amount of its punch by then, but obviously not.  Again, congratulations!  

This makes me really wonder what will happen to my scores in about 3 to 3-1/2 years.  I have a foreclosure and credit card settlement showing, so obviously they have not only 90-day, but 120 day lates showing as well.  My scores have recovered pretty well over the past three years or so, but are obviously being held way down by these major baddies being as recent as three years.  If I can keep my nose clean, and I am doing all that I can to do so, it really makes me look forward to what will happen when my baddies fall off.  

Please keep us updated!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! My last collection is due to fall off April '17. That's still a ways but I want to garden until then and my last inquires will be off at that same time! Then we'll see what prime card pre approvals I find up with! Nice job!
Message 16 of 18
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Grats OP.

I've been hovering in the 670-690 range with a peak of 700 on EQ prior to buying a new car in January and the opening of new credit cards.

My TU report is set to be free and clear on Oct 1st and EQ/EX on Jan 1st with early exclusion.

I'm expecting mid 700's across the board.  Smiley Wink

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redbeard wrote:

Just a quick question....

Was the whole tradeline deleted or just the 90 day late?

Reason I ask is 90 day lates are hard to do by themselves, not impossible, but usually there is a 30 and a 60 in there as well.

Congrats.  Huge increase!  Hope you get 99 points on the other bureaus.

Dan

So late to reply. Just the 90 day late was deleted along with the derog notes. All clean now.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.