Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memories *sniff*

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Memories *sniff*

Remember when you pulled your first FICO - and the horrible feeling that you had? I do. I thought -
"*#(%)*$ - my life is never going to get better."
Then divine intervention brought me here - Can I get a hallelujah?
I'm not where I want to be - YET. And I think most of us feel that way. Imagine - we get excited when we get above 600! I mean- I do, anyway.Smiley Wink
I could never confide in my closest friend the things we divulge here.
Ain't it great??

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Memories *sniff*

I am still at the "*#(%)*$ - stage and the stress is more than I can bear..
sounds familiar...
I have paid off a ton of stuff and my ficos and credit reports are all waiting to update
for good or for bad and I won't feel good till they change soon...
Message 2 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear ya-
The thing to remember is that they WILL update!
Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

No movement in 20 days I am probably being inpatient...Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I  agree, it is a wonderful feeling. It is so good to be a part of such a wonderful group of people, and to know that NOBODY will judge you because of mishaps or lack of knowledge in the past.....that's priceless!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for saying it with style, everything is true.  Keep it rockin'!

And thank you all for being here!  Sanity reigns, we are NOT insane for caring about a perfect score/credit!
Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed!  I truly appreciate being able to freely express myself about my finances/credit on this forum without fear of being judged by others.  You all are a great community and I have learned so much by participating and just reading all of the great threads here.  Thanks to all my FICO buddies!
Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

TexMontana wrote:
Remember when you pulled your first FICO - and the horrible feeling that you had? I do. I thought -
"*#(%)*$ - my life is never going to get better."
Then divine intervention brought me here - Can I get a hallelujah?
I'm not where I want to be - YET. And I think most of us feel that way. Imagine - we get excited when we get above 600! I mean- I do, anyway.Smiley Wink
I could never confide in my closest friend the things we divulge here.
Ain't it great??

HALLELUJAH....

So True...It's great to be able to come here and talk about it, because there is no one else you can do that with, most people don't know their scores and usually don't care and find it to be a boring subject.

My mortgage guy called me about something and I had to tell him about what I was up to with my score repair...I had to tell somebody...he thought it was great (and probably thought I was partially nutty) but maybe not, cause he knew what my scores were during my refi in december - he had put me in touch with somebody to help me fix my reports, I spoke with her once but decided to repair my credit myself....I stumbled a little at first but finally found myFico.com...

I don't want to sound too corny, but this is a life changing experiance...once youv'e realized that you have had your head in the sand re your credit reports AND that there is a way to remedy it (that was at least the case for me)...Well, there's just no turning back....

Live Long & Prosper,
ctRob

Message Edited by ctrob on 07-20-2007 06:40 PM
Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Know what got me all blazing guns on the FICO thing?
I lost 50 pounds in 6 months. No diet - just quit drinking DrPepper. And I'm from Texas where mamas fill their babies bottles with DrPepper.
What does that have to do with this, you may ask - well, sometimes when we achieve something that we had pretty much decided was impossible - then we see that maybe something else that seemed impossible is possible.
Like I said in the OP - I'm not where I wanna be - yet. Nope. Not even close. But I am closer - and getting closer week by week.
I always feel JOY! when one of you posts something good that you've achieved! It reinforces the possibilites for ALL OF US! *solitary tear*
Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

You get a AMEN from me sister!

I'm still in the )(*)*)()_&*^*&%&^ stage with certain CA but by golly I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!

Smiley Very Happy
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.