Established Contributor
TexMontana

Memories *sniff*

Remember when you pulled your first FICO - and the horrible feeling that you had? I do. I thought -
"*#(%)*$ - my life is never going to get better."
Then divine intervention brought me here - Can I get a hallelujah?
I'm not where I want to be - YET. And I think most of us feel that way. Imagine - we get excited when we get above 600! I mean- I do, anyway.:smileywink:
I could never confide in my closest friend the things we divulge here.
Ain't it great??

" I like to live as a poor man, with a lot of money." - Pablo Picasso (who was a jerk.)
Frequent Contributor
Tmleverage

Re: Memories *sniff*

I am still at the "*#(%)*$ - stage and the stress is more than I can bear..
sounds familiar...
I have paid off a ton of stuff and my ficos and credit reports are all waiting to update
for good or for bad and I won't feel good till they change soon...
Established Contributor
TexMontana

I hear ya-
The thing to remember is that they WILL update!
" I like to live as a poor man, with a lot of money." - Pablo Picasso (who was a jerk.)
Frequent Contributor
Tmleverage

No movement in 20 days I am probably being inpatient...:smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
flygirl

I  agree, it is a wonderful feeling. It is so good to be a part of such a wonderful group of people, and to know that NOBODY will judge you because of mishaps or lack of knowledge in the past.....that's priceless!!!! :smileyhappy:
Established Contributor
beach123

Thanks for saying it with style, everything is true.  Keep it rockin'!

And thank you all for being here!  Sanity reigns, we are NOT insane for caring about a perfect score/credit!
Contributor

Agreed!  I truly appreciate being able to freely express myself about my finances/credit on this forum without fear of being judged by others.  You all are a great community and I have learned so much by participating and just reading all of the great threads here.  Thanks to all my FICO buddies!
Regular Contributor
ctrob

[ Edited ]

TexMontana wrote:
Remember when you pulled your first FICO - and the horrible feeling that you had? I do. I thought -
"*#(%)*$ - my life is never going to get better."
Then divine intervention brought me here - Can I get a hallelujah?
I'm not where I want to be - YET. And I think most of us feel that way. Imagine - we get excited when we get above 600! I mean- I do, anyway.:smileywink:
I could never confide in my closest friend the things we divulge here.
Ain't it great??

HALLELUJAH....

So True...It's great to be able to come here and talk about it, because there is no one else you can do that with, most people don't know their scores and usually don't care and find it to be a boring subject.

My mortgage guy called me about something and I had to tell him about what I was up to with my score repair...I had to tell somebody...he thought it was great (and probably thought I was partially nutty) but maybe not, cause he knew what my scores were during my refi in december - he had put me in touch with somebody to help me fix my reports, I spoke with her once but decided to repair my credit myself....I stumbled a little at first but finally found myFico.com...

I don't want to sound too corny, but this is a life changing experiance...once youv'e realized that you have had your head in the sand re your credit reports AND that there is a way to remedy it (that was at least the case for me)...Well, there's just no turning back....

Live Long & Prosper,
ctRob

Message Edited by ctrob on 07-20-2007 06:40 PM
Established Contributor
TexMontana

Know what got me all blazing guns on the FICO thing?
I lost 50 pounds in 6 months. No diet - just quit drinking DrPepper. And I'm from Texas where mamas fill their babies bottles with DrPepper.
What does that have to do with this, you may ask - well, sometimes when we achieve something that we had pretty much decided was impossible - then we see that maybe something else that seemed impossible is possible.
Like I said in the OP - I'm not where I wanna be - yet. Nope. Not even close. But I am closer - and getting closer week by week.
I always feel JOY! when one of you posts something good that you've achieved! It reinforces the possibilites for ALL OF US! *solitary tear*
Regular Contributor
kims

You get a AMEN from me sister!

I'm still in the )(*)*)()_&*^*&%&^ stage with certain CA but by golly I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!

:smileyvery-happy:
911 Operators....America's Lifeline!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}