Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mercantile Adjustment Bureau

Has anyone ever heard of them or know about their collection practices? Last year I had a run in with them where they called my Mom asking her to pay my debt and then I would pay her back. When they did that, I informed them that they had just violated my rights since my Mom had nothing to do with my debt. They claimed ignorance to this. I called the OC and settled with them after telling them what the CA they hired did. Now, Mercantile is STILL reporting me on EX. It is showing a zero balance and the notes say: "[Experian] Credit line closed - consumer request - reported by subscriber. " This was never a credit line with them. I never requested anything from them other than to have this deleted. They refuse to provide me with proof that this is my debt (although like I said, it was mine and I settled with the OC), they refuse to delete it from my CR, and EX refuses to do anything about it other than to say the CA says it is mine. How can I get this off my report? It has pulled my FAKO score WAY down. I am almost 50 points lower in EX than the other 2 CRAs. Thank you!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mercantile Adjustment Bureau

www.ftc.gov  contact them under the FCRA.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.