cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message from Citibank regarding updated Fico Score (and authorize user)

tag
gwizdak24
Frequent Contributor

Message from Citibank regarding updated Fico Score (and authorize user)

I was curious as to why the fico score which should be monthly was last updated Dec 23rd.  Also I wanted to know if I added an authorize user if it would report to their credit report.

I must say, Citibank responds to any of my messages by the next day.

This is the response I recieved. 

Dear Valued Customer,

We update your FICO Score every month on the website. However, the most recent update that is reported to us by Equifax is not available for us to display on the website until the end of the following month. In other words, we estimate that you will see a refreshed score near the end of February.

The FICO® Credit Score is only available to the primary cardmember. We do not have FICO Scores for authorized users.

We do report any authorized users on accounts to the credit bureaus.

We hope this information is helpful.

Thank you for using our website.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

Re: Message from Citibank regarding updated Fico Score (and authorize user)

Thanks for the info. I was curious about this.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate the updated info!
Message 3 of 15
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the update, helps answer some of our questions. Hopefully they pull fairly close to the release date.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gwizdak24 wrote:

I was curious as to why the fico score which should be monthly was last updated Dec 23rd.  Also I wanted to know if I added an authorize user if it would report to their credit report.

Dear Valued Customer,

We update your FICO Score every month on the website. However, the most recent update that is reported to us by Equifax is not available for us to display on the website until the end of the following month. In other words, we estimate that you will see a refreshed score near the end of February.

The FICO® Credit Score is only available to the primary cardmember. We do not have FICO Scores for authorized users.

So if I'm understanding that correctly, that means that at the end of February we'll get a score that is based on data Citi received on or around January 23rd. I was already disappointed by the fact that it's a Bankcard score instead of a classic score, but now they're saying every score refresh they provide will be based on data that's a month old? 

Apparently FICO really didn't want to hurt their little revenue stream from myFICO or Citi wasn't willing to pay very much for this "perk" to provide its cardholders.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score updated for the 2nd time. Up 5 points as of 01/27/2015.

Message 6 of 15
Runitup
Regular Contributor

Hey, lookie here.  Mine was just updated, like now and it shows as of 1-27-15.  My statemet just cut on the 3rd.  Up 38 points baby.

Message 7 of 15
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@gwizdak24 wrote:

Dear Valued Customer,

So if I'm understanding that correctly, that means that at the end of February we'll get a score that is based on data Citi received on or around January 23rd. I was already disappointed by the fact that it's a Bankcard score instead of a classic score, but now they're saying every score refresh they provide will be based on data that's a month old? 

Apparently FICO really didn't want to hurt their little revenue stream from myFICO or Citi wasn't willing to pay very much for this "perk" to provide its cardholders.

Be reasonable.  It's unlikely that CitiBank is constantly FICO score monitoring every single account daily.  In addition, it would be cost prohibitive and cost too many man hours to constantly update your FICO score on their website.

Right now you have to pay every month for a new score to myFICO it's a service you're paying for and they're in the business of passing through FICO scores. Your credit card company is not. Just be happy that the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has convinced them to release information.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gwizdak24 wrote:

Dear Valued Customer,

Be reasonable.  It's unlikely that CitiBank is constantly FICO score monitoring every single account daily.  In addition, it would be cost prohibitive and cost too many man hours to constantly update your FICO score on their website.

Right now you have to pay every month for a new score to myFICO it's a service you're paying for and they're in the business of passing through FICO scores. Your credit card company is not. Just be happy that the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has convinced them to release information.

Although I admittedly went a little overboard with expressing my disgust, I don't think I'm being unreasonable. My issue is not with the frequency of the score. My issue, based on the message that was sent to the OP, was with the freshness of the score when it is provided. I'd rather have a fresh/current score once every 2 months than have a month old score provided every month.

Discover's FICO is perfect. It's once a month and when they provide the score it's only a few days old. That should be the model all the other banks follow. I would never expect Citi to monitor my credit score daily or even weekly. That would be unreasonable.

Based on everyone's update yesterday it seems like Citi's score will be about 2 weeks old when it's provided. It's not ideal, but it's better than the month old score that was hinted at by the CSR's message.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gwizdak24 wrote:

Dear Valued Customer,

As an AU on a Citi card....this is a lie. It's reported on all 3 of my reports. I wish they'd add the score for the AU tho! 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.