Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit Management

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland Credit Management

I sent Midland a PFD back on December 7th before I really fully read these boards.  I then sent them a DV last week CMRRR and disputed with CRA's to which I am awaiting response.  I also noticed that on my Experian report Midland is reporting the same account twice.  I had disputed this with Experian.  It came back verified so I just sent a MOV to them.

While I looking at my reports I just noticed something else and wonder if they have violated any laws by doing this.

On 12/6 My Experian report showed the status on the double reporting of this account like this:
Entry 1 Status: Collection account. $2,762 past due as of Mar 2007.
Entry 2 Status: Creditor cannot locate individual.

On 12/31 My Experian report showed the status on the double reporting of this account like this:
Entry 1 Status: Collection account. $3,143 past due as of Apr 2007.
Entry 2 Status: Creditor cannot locate individual/Collection account. $3,143 past due as of Apr 2007.

The last reported date now shows April 07 on both entries, but obviously they have done something in the last couple of weeks.

I know I need to just wait on the DV, but I was just wondering if they have done anything at this point that I can catch them on???
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Credit Management

They way I read FDCPA
The only thing they can do on the CR is update the status to "Disputed" .

Save copies of these for future leverage.

Message 2 of 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Hard to say if it was an update that they sent before they got the DV.

As Timothy said though, make copies!

Did you reference both entries on your DV?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just realized that I believe they updated this information from my duplicate dispute with Experian.  This was before I DV'd.  In fact I haven't even received the green card back on the DV.  That is how recent that was.

I guess I just found it interesting that they the amount change so much and they updated the date to April 07 on both.  It does say this item was verified and updated as of Dec 2007 on both entries.  I have MOV'd Experian b/c of this.

It also shows Date of Status of 5/2002 on the Entry 1 and Date of Status of 2/2007 on the other one.

I didn't reference both accounts on the DV b/c it is on all my CRA's.  It is only on twice in my Experian report.
Message 4 of 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

hgolf1848 wrote:
I actually just realized that I believe they updated this information from my duplicate dispute with Experian.  This was before I DV'd.  In fact I haven't even received the green card back on the DV.  That is how recent that was.

I guess I just found it interesting that they the amount change so much and they updated the date to April 07 on both.  It does say this item was verified and updated as of Dec 2007 on both entries.  I have MOV'd Experian b/c of this.

It also shows Date of Status of 5/2002 on the Entry 1 and Date of Status of 2/2007 on the other one.

I didn't reference both accounts on the DV b/c it is on all my CRA's.  It is only on twice in my Experian report.

Depending on how you worded the DV, you might want to send a 2nd pending the MOV.  You really might not need to though if the account description was loose enough.  I'm concerned that there might be 2 erroneous accounts with Midland, not just 2 reporting in some sort of error on EX. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The entries show the exact same account number, OC, date opened, original balance, recent balance, etc.  They differ in reported since, date of status and I just noticed that the address for Midland is different on the two entries.  One is their location in San Diego.  The other is their location in Arizona.
Message 6 of 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

hgolf1848 wrote:
The entries show the exact same account number, OC, date opened, original balance, recent balance, etc.  They differ in reported since, date of status and I just noticed that the address for Midland is different on the two entries.  One is their location in San Diego.  The other is their location in Arizona.

Aha... ok well that is good.  Keep in mind if you are disputing one as a dup, make it the more recent one if there are any DOLA/DOFD discrepancies.

Hopefully though you'll make headway with the MOV.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.