Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit Management

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Credit Management

They are known for this.  Send a DV   CMRRR   Keep all hard copies of your CR  forever!!

Even if they OWN the debt  the DOFD doesn't change!!  You are well past SOL and they can not file suit!

On the late payments.....after 2 years they do not hurt as much BUT if all payments after were on time you have a good chance of having them removed by a GW

Make all changes where needed  do not sign  just type your name.

CERTIFIED MAIL #: _______________________________________________________
Your Name
Your Address
YourTown,, State ZipCode

Debt Collection Company Name
Their address
Town, State ZipCode

Date:

Re: Debt Collection Company Name; Acct # Debt Collection Company #; Original Creditor Name; OC Acct #

To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on DATE. Be advised that this is a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.
This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for FULL MEDIA VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that (a) the account is valid, (b) the amount allegedly owed is accurate, and (c) I have a contractual obligation to pay Debt Collection Company Name for this alleged debt.
All of the following MUST be provided to adequately validate the authenticity of the alleged debt AND provide proof of my contractual obligation to Debt Collection Company Name for this alleged debt:
• Signed credit application between myself and the original creditor
• Copies of all signed vouchers from the date account was opened until default
• Copies of all statements from the date account opened until default
• Proof of the statute of limitations
• Proof of agreement that you were hired by the Original creditor (creditor as defined by the FDCPA) or
• A copy of the contract Debt Collection Company Name purchased the alleged debt.
• If the alleged debt was purchased, provide a copy of an agreement between Debt Collection Company Name and myself, signed by me, stating that I have a contractual responsibility to Debt Collection Company Name for the alleged debt
• Provide proof that Debt Collection Company Name is bonded/Licensed for debt collecting in the State of Your State
Be advised that failing to provide ALL of the media requested to validate the alleged debt will invalidate any and all claims Debt Collection Company Name is asserting regarding this alleged debt. If Debt Collection Company Name can NOT provide all of the validation media requested above, ALL collection efforts MUST be stopped and the account MUST be DELETED from the Debt Collection Company Name. If you can NOT validate your claim, you can NOT, by law, collect on it, or SELL it to another collection agency. Also, reporting a debt to the credit reporting agencies that can not be validated is a violation of the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), and carries a $2500 fine to be paid to me. I have two years to decide if I want to pursue this matter. PLEASE GIVE THIS MATTER THE ATTENTION IT DESERVES.
If your offices are able to provide all of the validating media as requested, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information, and during such time, all collection activity must cease and desist.
I am also stating, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment, and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by United States Postal Service.

Best Regards,

Your Name

Message Edited by HappyDays on 01-31-2008 01:20 PM
Message 11 of 49
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

Companies file suit even after the SOL has past all the time and I wouldn't put it past this particular organization.  If you ignore it, they can get a default judgment and hold you liable UNLESS you get the lawsuit dismissed. 

Message Edited by Ausfarm on 01-31-2008 05:39 PM
Message 12 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have a Midland collection.  They last reported 11-07.  They are for a medical collecrion.  I was gonna try to PFD them as the debt is only a few hundred.  I have not contacted them just saw them on my CR.  I have alot of little piddly collections that I am trying to clear up.  Is it better to leave them alone.  What if they continue to report???????????????????????????????????????
Message 13 of 49
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

Steph_frazzled,

The answer to your question depends on your specific situation.  Has the debt passed the SOL (statute of limitations)?  Is Midland misreporting the DOFD?  Are you willing to wait for it to drop off you credit report or do you want it off right now --irrespective of whether you owe the debt? 
Message 14 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

Does anyone have any contact information for Midland. I just pulled my credit report today and they have screwed me royally. I set up a payment plan a year ago to pay them $100 per month. To date I should be credited $1200 on a $1977 collection. However they are only crediting me for 4-$100 payments and have me listed again as seriously delinquent. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to proceed from here. I have half a mind to call then and tell them off but from reading the posts I see that it is best to correspond with them only in writing. I have contacted my bank and they are sending me copies of the twelve checks. I will be mailing them a letter CMRRR. But what should I do after that. Should I dispute this with the CRAs. Please help!!!!!!Smiley Sad

Thanks 
Message 15 of 49
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Happy Days...you're the best! Thank you so much for that form letter...I can't wait to mail this on Monday....Update...TU deleted the account within 5 days; however, it's still on EX....but not for long....I'll keep you update. Thx creditballer

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 16 of 49
creditballer
Regular Contributor

contact: Midland Credit Management 8875 Aero Dr., San Diego, CA 92123 (888) 403-6206

FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Message 17 of 49
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Hi ebony...dispute, dispute, dispute! And also write them using the form letter above. I disputed with TU and it was deleted within a week and I'm waiting for a response from EX's investigation...in the meantime I'm using the form letter above posted by happy days...i know that'll get it off my EX report for sure! Best wishes...let me know how things work out!

FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Message 18 of 49
creditballer
Regular Contributor

update....Good news...I disputed TU and it was deleted in 2 days. I disputed EX and sent DV letter..it was deleted today 2/24/08 about 3 weeks. Midland just posted to EQ and I disputed it twice, I'm waiting to hear back from them. I am so happy! God is Good!  Truecredit Scores TU 630, EX 648, EQ 613 and moving up! Thanks

FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Message 19 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you dispute even if you are in SOL.  It seems they have recently acquired an Aspire Visa account of mine that should be about 300.00, but with Aspire adding astronomical fees... and it seems Midland is adding somethng too... it is now $1003.00.  If what they are listing on one of my CR is correct, then the DOFD is 2005.  Aspire is not listed.  I have done nothing yet.  I do not know how to proceed.  I mean, if they are not trying to sue me yet, do I just ignore them or just DV them and/or CRA since Midland is reporting as an installment agreement that I do not have with them?  Sorry to ask these questions over and over, but I have not gotten many responses as of yet.  It is all confusing.
Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.