Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit Management

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Midland Credit Management

@Cory wrote:
Thanks Brydman for your advice. Should I send another letter to them? or let it ride out?

What will be the next step?

Thank you for advising,

Cory

Nope. The ball is in their court now. On day 35, you can send dispute to CRAs, with all of the stuff that we talked about before. If they don't validate, then they have to stop collecting. You are working from a position of control right now. Sounds to me like Midland is scrambling, asking you to provide the information that they should provide LOL.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 51 of 57
Cory
Established Contributor

@Junejer wrote:

@Cory wrote:
Thanks Brydman for your advice. Should I send another letter to them? or let it ride out?

What will be the next step?

Thank you for advising,

Cory

Nope. The ball is in their court now. On day 35, you can send dispute to CRAs, with all of the stuff that we talked about before. If they don't validate, then they have to stop collecting. You are working from a position of control right now. Sounds to me like Midland is scrambling, asking you to provide the information that they should provide LOL.

Yes, I guess they are. I did type a letter to mail to them after the 30 days. I'll run it by you before I send it.

Thank you so much for reading and assisting.

Cory
Message 52 of 57
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Cory wrote:

br>
Yes, I guess they are. I did type a letter to mail to them after the 30 days. I'll run it by you before I send it.

Thank you so much for reading and assisting.

Cory

Yup, that and dispute w/the CRAs at the same time.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 53 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Midland for two different accts. on both letterheads is MCM with one address but they want there pmt to go to another. On one letter they refer to themselves in the body of  the letter as Midland Credit Management Inc. but the owner is Midland Funding LLC. can they do all of this??
Message 54 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok Cory!

Do me a favor and document each step you took. I sure do hope that you are victorious in this. I have 2 from them and they are noth now reporting according to MyFico: Balance: Not reported Credit Limit: Not reported. The only thing that reports is date info for both MCM collections. DOLA for one is 2/2007 and the other is 9/2007.

For anyone that may know: 
1) Shouldn't DOLA be the last date that the Original received activity?
2) If there are no items reported, (balance, date of last payment, date closed, credit limit, etc) all show Not reported, but account shows OPEN, I just don't understand it.

Any help is appreciative. Cory thanks for starting this thread, because they are like the last thorn in my side.
Message 55 of 57
Cory
Established Contributor

I absolutely will do.Smiley Happy

I have a fierce letter to mail Midland too in a couple of days.

I'll keep you posted. Oh and thanks BrydManSmiley Happy

Cory

Kittw1 wrote:
Ok Cory!

Do me a favor and document each step you took. I sure do hope that you are victorious in this. I have 2 from them and they are noth now reporting according to MyFico: Balance: Not reported Credit Limit: Not reported. The only thing that reports is date info for both MCM collections. DOLA for one is 2/2007 and the other is 9/2007.

For anyone that may know: 
1) Shouldn't DOLA be the last date that the Original received activity?
2) If there are no items reported, (balance, date of last payment, date closed, credit limit, etc) all show Not reported, but account shows OPEN, I just don't understand it.

Any help is appreciative. Cory thanks for starting this thread, because they are like the last thorn in my side.

Message 56 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Cory.. what happened with Midland? I am really curious as to what has taken place over the past month & 1/2... I sent a letter to "Credit Management" (the name of the CA that was on my credit report based out of Texas) and it came back to me as unknown..I wonder if this is the same company?
Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.