Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit Management

tag
pymintz1
New Contributor

Re: Midland Credit Management

Okay I contacted Transunion and they said that Midland did validate all they did was just raise up the amount they say I owe. That is all Transunion did I told them I sent them a Certified letter and they have not responed to me so how am I suppose to try and get rid of this demon. I need a exorcist can someone please help me with this one???????????????I thought that Midland would have to do more than just raise the amount that they say I owe them I'm confused here.

D

FICO SCORES
TRANS 708 EQUIFAX 651 EXPERIAN 640 moving a inch at a time.
Message 31 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

pymintz1 wrote:

Okay I contacted Transunion and they said that Midland did validate all they did was just raise up the amount they say I owe. That is all Transunion did I told them I sent them a Certified letter and they have not responed to me so how am I suppose to try and get rid of this demon. I need a exorcist can someone please help me with this one???????????????I thought that Midland would have to do more than just raise the amount that they say I owe them I'm confused here.

D

Is this account beyond SOL? If so, I'd file a complaint against Midland with the BBB.

Message 32 of 49
pymintz1
New Contributor

I believe I am past sol they charged the account off in July 2004 here is the information.

HSBC BANK

04-2001 $1375 0  0 R-9 12-2004

purchased by another lender

transferred to another lender or claim purchased

Charge off 07-2004

Account closed on 07-2004.

I live in Texas now says sol is 4years but I came out of Kansas and it says 3 years if I'm wrong hopefully someone will correct me.

I sent a 2nd letter but I will also file a complaint with the BBB because they keep raising the interest up on this account on my credit report. Since the CRA's cannot help me. This is really stressful but I'm trudging on forward thanks for answering me sidewinder.

FICO SCORES
Message 33 of 49
pymintz1
New Contributor

Filed a complaint with the BBB and the ftc maybe something good will come out of this I'm praying really hard right now. Does anyone know how long this could possibly take thru the BBB or the FTC????
FICO SCORES
Message 34 of 49
ficonewbie01
Regular Contributor

I have 2 old OC accounts that is gone from my report. The DOFD expired.  However, in the past 2 yrs, I have CA accounts trying to collect on behalf of the OC accounts. I have not settled with the CAs. If I understand this thread correctly, the DOFD for the OC account has expired and CA cannot try to collect anymore? Write a dispute letter and that should be end of it?

4/30/10: EQ 705 | TU 687
6/09/09: EQ 656 | TU 638 | EX 675 (FICO from LO)
5/11/09: EQ 584 | TU 539
Message 35 of 49
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Ficonewbie01,

You're confusing DOFD with SOL.  DOFD, or date of first delinquency, is used only to determine the start of the credit reporting period, which is 7-7.5 years, and can not be reset.  SOL, or statute of limitations, determines whether an OC or CA has legal standing to collect or sue you for the debt.  That's determined on a state by state basis, and although it's usually shorter than the credit reporting period, it's not always.  You should check the state resources sticky to find out the SOL in your state.  Also, unlike the DOFD, the SOL can be reset or tolled under specific circumstances.

Message 36 of 49
ficonewbie01
Regular Contributor

JoeBJay20,

Thank you for the education. The SOL for OC has expired. They are over 7 yrs old and no longer reporting to the CRAs. So does this mean the CA cannot legally pursue a debt?

Message 37 of 49
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Yes, not legally.  However, it doesn't mean they won't try, and if they try to file suit, make sure you don't ignore it, as a judgment against you would reset the SOL.  You would just need to show up and show that the SOL has expired.  If it shows up on your report again, research the threads on here in reinsertion to seek remedy.

Message 38 of 49
ficonewbie01
Regular Contributor

I hope they will not try to take me to court but if they do, how do I show proof of SOL? I remember when I had the CC but I do not have a paper trail anymore. It's been over 7 yrs ago! 

Message 39 of 49
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

You can contact the OC for documentation.  If you have a copy of a credit report from before the TLs were deleted, they also should the dates the accounts were opened.
Message 40 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.