cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Credit Managment and Capital One?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland Credit Managment and Capital One?

I recieved a letter from Midland Credit Management in the mail 7/07/07 stating they had purchased my Capital One account .They said my balance with them was 1,330.72 OK, here's what's  strange, I have NEVER had any type of account with Capital One. I applied for credit with them in March of this year and was denied, saying my information could not be verified. On 07/09/2007, i sent a dv letter by certified mail, return reciept requested. Is there anything else i should do? Should i send one to Capital One also? Or just play the waiting game with these clowns??  Thank you Smiley Sad

Message Edited by rustyfan67 on 07-09-2007 08:42 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland Credit Managment and Capital One?

This is a scam, I have had one just like this before. The best thing you can do is just report it to Capital One. If you never had a Capital 1 account you should have nothing to worry about.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That Midland Credit out of San Diego is a piece of work.  I paid a debt to another collection agency and somehow they were seeking collections as well.  After playing phone tag with them, they had the audacity to tell me that this could be cleared up if I called the other agency, after I faxed them a receipt of payment and the attorneys' faxed them court documents stating judgment satisfied, and asked them to forward the paid funds to them LOL.

I have learned, it is best that if a collection agency comes into play, call the original debtor to find out who really is responsible for the account.  Actually, that is the second lesson, the first is I pay bills on time every time.Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I  learned the hard way to always pay my bills on time every time. However, this is either a scam or a error, because i never had a account with Capital One. I think they prey on those of us that are trying to rebuild our credit.Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.