Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland - FCNB Quandry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland - FCNB Quandry

I need some advise on this one.  I have a FCNB-Newport News account that I defaulted on in 2002.  It was bought by Midland and I've been dealing with them the past couple of months.  I sent, in writing a PFD on March 7th and also asked that they do not call.  I only wanted them to respond in writing within 10 days after receipt of my PFD letter. 

They did not respond in writing.  They called.  In fact, I still have the voice mail message they left me.  On top of this, earlier this month they deposited a post-dated check prior to the appropriate date.  Thus, they violated FDCA and FCRA.

I reached out to the OC to try to negotiate with them.  However, FCNB no longer issues Newport News credit cards.  In fact, FCNB is bankrupt and basically doesn't exist anymore.

It appears that I will need to deal with Midland, but I'd like to negotiate a PFD.  As such, I've been hesitant to report their violations to the FTC though I'm really pissed off that they called after I asked them not to and deposited a post-dated check early.

What should I do?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Midland - FCNB Quandry

ALWAYS file a complaint with the FTC!!!!!!  does't matter how small you think it is file it!!

Because you made a payment you might have restarted your SOL.

Send them a DV  CMRRR

IMO  a DV should always be sent before you even think about a PFD.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.