Regular Contributor
cgreer72

Minor inaccuracy on CR

[ Edited ]

So I just pulled all three of my CR's. I have a collection from an apartment complex from when I broke lease when I bought my house last year. On both TU and EQ they have it classified as "Cable/cellular". I paid both cable and my cell directly to the provider and just switched these both to the new address, so I know I do not have a balance. Does this inaccuracy hold any water to get this deleted?

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Minor inaccuracy on CR

[ Edited ]

No.

In any dispute, the furnisher always has three options under FCRA 623(b):

1. verify the accuracy of what was reported;

2. correct the information so as to make it accurate; or

3.  if neither of steps 1 or 2 is taken, the information must then be deleted until the furnisher does one of those things.

Inaccuracies alone are never a basis for compelling deletion of inaccurately reported information.

The reporting reqirement is that information not be reported that is knowingly inaccurate.  Statute cannot compel accuracy in human actions.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}