Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minor's Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Minor's Credit Report

I am trying to figure out how to check my 8 year old daughters credit report. When her father tried to file taxes this year, there was a hold up, because the IRS said that she was already being claimed on another Tax Return. So this has me worried that someone has gotten her info, and I want to check her credit report to make sure.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: Minor's Credit Report

Are you and her Dad divorced? Did you file with your daughter as a dependent and then her dad tried to claim her also? Did they give the info to her Dad in writing? You need that letter and you need to contact IRS and then you need to call the credit bureaus directly to pull a minors CR.

If it were me I’d go on line and try to get her report at Annual Credit Report.com if this has happened you need to get to the bottom of it. Alert IRS to fraud and put an Alert in your daughters CR and freeze them!
Last question? Did her Dad investigate this at the time or just blow it off?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes we are divorced and I claim our son and he claims our daughter. I never claimed her. Her dad talk to someone from IRS, and they told him they would investigate it. I guess they got it figured out, because he got his refund last month. But they wouldn't give him any details of what happened. I tried on the Free Credit Report site and because she is a minor, they won't give it out. Even though he talked to the IRS and they supposedly figured it out, do I need to contact them? I am so clueless. 

Message 3 of 6
JVille
Valued Contributor

You need to call any of the 3 Credit Bureas and tell them what has happened and that you want to get your daughters CR to make sure no one is using her SS # and put an alert on the report.

This needs to be looked into and your daughter (son too) Protected. The Credit Bureau (TU, Exp, Equifax)they will advise you. Don’t mess around with those other agencies as they can’t really help. Don’t call Equifax as their lines are slammed. Call TU or Experian.
Make the call and expect Long Long wait times.
Message 4 of 6
JVille
Valued Contributor

See if your Ex has the notice from IRS about Someone Else claiming your daughter. That will help the CB know how to help you.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had no issue getting FACTA reports under 18.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.