Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mint.com

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Mint.com

If you can't keep track of when and how much is due maybe you have too many accounts. Why put personal data out online?

Message 11 of 14
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Smallfry:

I never said I had a hard time keeping track of my accounts nor my payments. Please keep your erroneous assumptions to yourself.

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cotton_Britches wrote:

I'm thinking about using mint.com to keep up with all of my credit cards and other financial accounts. Anyone use it?

My only concern is if their database is hacked for some reason, thieves could have access to ALL of my financial data. Smiley Surprised

Disclaimer: I do not work for Mint or have any affiliation with the company other than being a happy customer.

I've used Mint since it was in beta, and I LOVE it. As for security -- I have a number of friends who work in IT/security and do network contracting for the government (aka they KNOW their stuff) and they really approve of Mint's bank-level security standards and all use the service. That's assurance enough for me! (Along with the site's security FAQs at the bottom of this page: https://www.mint.com/how-it-works/security/ )

Favorite aspects of Mint include: piecharts/graphs so I can see where my budget's going over time, fantastic 'goal setting' programs for future saving, rapid updates on all transactions, and auto-labeling so I don't have to go in and tag every transaction by hand. It's also just a beautifully designed site and a joy to use, which is helpful when dealing with stressful information and number-crunching. Smiley Happy

If data security is an ongoing worry for you, I'd suggest practicing good password hygiene -- switch out the passwords of your major accounts once a month and don't use the same password for all your accounts. I do this with a program called '1Password' and I've never felt safer about my information being stored online.

Message 13 of 14
laz98
Senior Contributor

i like mint.  it's slow logging into a bunch of accounts to check on them.  it's much better just logging into mint.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.