Did you mean: 

Missed insurance payment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missed insurance payment

Hi all,

Quick question.

I missed a renters insurance payment on 6/2/15 because I had cancelled the card that was registered with autopay.

I have just re registered with another card and paid the due balance.

Can somebody put my mind at ease and tell me this won't affect my credit?

Thanks all!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Re: Missed insurance payment

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all,

Quick question.

I missed a renters insurance payment on 6/2/15 because I had cancelled the card that was registered with autopay.

I have just re registered with another card and paid the due balance.

Can somebody put my mind at ease and tell me this won't affect my credit?

Thanks all!

^^^^^^^^

Your mind wil best be at eased by calling the renters' insurance company customer service and asking hem how the missed payment affects your credit report, will they report or is there a grace period. No one on here knows for sure, call the insurance co. to hear directly from the horse's mouth.

And in the future there is no excuse for this, use a calendar system to track bills due, I use google calendar and for example, my auto insurance, or term life insurance I note bill due dates and set to repeat the message every month for auto insruance, or once a year for term insurance.

since 1991 when i turned 18 i never missed a payment, or late on a single payment. I've used a calendar since I was 15 years old to track everything. hence my 822+ FICO score.

Message 2 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

They can assess a late payment fee potentially but until it's 31 days late, doesn't go on the credit report.

Just make the payment, apologize profusely, and go on with life.  You'll be OK.

        
Message 3 of 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Try to save up, and pay annually. Easier to remember, great to meet spending bonuses, and cheaper. Smiley Wink
Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.