Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modified PFD letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Modified PFD letter

This is probably a strange question... I have sent PFD letters to a handful of medical collections on my fiance's credit reports and none have even replied, except for one that sends one of their typical collection letters every week now. Of course, all CAs say they will update your report to say it was paid. Is there any way to politely tell them thanks, but no thanks...to let them know that I'm aware that having them marked paid doesn't do anything for my score. Or would that just fire them up?

I was thinking maybe a letter that says something along the lines of "I'd love to pay you, but I only have XX amount of money available to pay off old debt and I really need to use that money where it will make a difference, ie with a company who will agree to delete..." Is that too big of a chance to take?

He only has three collections newer than two years old and they are all for the same hospital visit, all from the same CA. I think it would make a big difference to get them off his reports and it's less than $200 total.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

Re: Modified PFD letter

Have you tried contacting the OC (hospital) directly? If they still own the account, they might agree to have the CA delete if you pay in full.

Starting Scores:10/09/13 EX ???; EQ 661; TU 668
Current Scores: 11/23/13 EX 655; EQ 679; TU 705
Goal Scores:700+ for all
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tryingtogetitrightnow wrote:
Have you tried contacting the OC (hospital) directly? If they still own the account, they might agree to have the CA delete if you pay in full.

You know, it took me forever to track down the contact info (the actual doctor who treated him) in another town. I hesitated to contact them, because I didn't know if I should do it via mail or phone. I guess I could've asked THAT question along the way! :-)
Message 3 of 4
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

Good luck! :-)

I've read quite a few posts on here where people have called and ended up doing a PFD for a medical collection with the OC. It can't hurt.

Starting Scores:10/09/13 EX ???; EQ 661; TU 668
Current Scores: 11/23/13 EX 655; EQ 679; TU 705
Goal Scores:700+ for all
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.