Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Products and Soft Pulls

tag
Involus
Regular Contributor

Monitoring Products and Soft Pulls

So I have a question - what monitoring products do you use and how do you tell if a lender did a SP or HP.

I currently use Amex CreditSecure and was wondering if you can tell a difference in pulls or would I need another product to see a SP?

My concern is basically - I want to see when Amex softs me over the next couple months to know where I stand for my 61 day 3x CLI.

Any info is appreciated. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Monitoring Products and Soft Pulls

Hmm, for experian and transunion I usually use creditkarma (TU), creditsesame (EX), credit.com (EX), and quizzle (EX). however, you can't find the softs on them unless you get your annualcreditreport.com, in which you can review your experian with the same code they give you for a while! Equifax you can go to "dispute info" and either type in your current confirmation # or just fill out your information and answer a few security questions! from there, you can review all your information, including soft pulls!

Message 2 of 11
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

If you got approved for the card they did a HP on a bureau, and you have the right to check your report within 60 days for free(In case of adverse action).

They pulled EX for my  two Blue cards, their adress is http://www.experian.com/reportaccess/   

Google up the address for the bureau you need. I saw mine SP it says AMEX Account review 30 days from opening so far.....

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

https://www.experian.com/consumer/cac/InvalidateSession.do?code=CDIRESELLER&rid=R045

For EXP

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 11
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

@ukimafija wrote:

If you got approved for the card they did a HP on a bureau, and you have the right to check your report within 60 days for free(In case of adverse action).

They pulled EX for my  two Blue cards, their adress is http://www.experian.com/reportaccess/   

Google up the address for the bureau you need. I saw mine SP it says AMEX Account review 30 days from opening so far.....

Question - if you do this, it doesn't count as your free annual credit report (from annualcreditreport.com), right?

Message 5 of 11
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

no
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 6 of 11
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:
no

Thanks!

Message 7 of 11
Involus
Regular Contributor

So basically no monitoring product lets you know if you have been soft pulled or not? Basically I just want to see Amex softing me for 61 days 3x CLI..

Edit: I see - so I go to EX and say I had AA and get my free report right before 60 days basically?

Message 8 of 11
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Thats correct there are no monitoring services that you can purchase to see SP.

Only the actual credit agency can provide that.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 9 of 11
Croselx
Contributor

I believe you can request a copy of your credit report 30-45 days (may be 60 days) after approval/denial without it affecting your yearly report. From what I understand it is in case you didn't get the best rates then you have a right to know why and since most of the time people don't get the best rates they have a free report.

1) You can request the report online a few days before you actually need it citing adverse action/didn't got the best rate and there you can see the SPs and dates they were made on.

2) If you haven't requested your yearly report you can do so now and see the information as well.

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.