Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: More Credit Cards?

HSBC pulled a hard on Equifax in May for me on a pre-approved existing/valued customer offer.
Valued Member
CHall

So the consensus is to stay away from AMEX if you have a BK?  Mine is over 5 years old.  I guess I'm really more scared more than anything.  Just don't want to do anything to screw up.  If I went for all three I'm sure that'd really hurt me, right?  I don't need the credit, just want to dilute the bad with good.  I don't currently have any inqs (hard) on any of my reports.
Regular Contributor
Bruiser

with a BK it also depends
what are your scores?

from what I've read, told, and from my own experience,..BK is bad for Amex
but,..i'm also in the process of having it looked over by a supervisor @ amex, instead of a computer making the decision
I should receive a call within the next 48 hours

I was denied the instant approval over the web by the computer due to a BK on Experian

Valued Member
CHall

623 on Exp.....I haven't purchased the other two.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+