Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More....Re: Question on inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

More....Re: Question on inquiries

I pulled my CR's yesterday, and was surprised to see a whole bunch of inq's made on me regarding my shopping the market for homeowners insurance. I called 2 different insurance agent's requesting quotes. And was expecting a hard inq by both of them, right? ok, sounds reasonable to me.

But when I got my CR, there were about 6 from the insuring companies themselves. Phew. Can alllllllll of these inq's by the insuring companies be considered 'authorized' inq's or what ever you call the 'permitted inquiries'?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: More....Re: Question on inquiries

Dang-
I would be pretty upset with the company you called.

As far as I know they have PP. The should have done softs though until they were ready to commit.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tnx Timothy. The learning curve is going straight up for me. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Insurance companies have their own scoring model - and mine are all 'soft' - but there are a few (did my shopping too).  Soft inquireies do not factor into FICO.

You can buy your insurance score (wish I knew that before I shopped around)

BTW, since Homeowner's Insurance is paid in a lump sum for the entire year there is no CL established so it should not be a hard pull.  Yes, you are paying monthly into your escrow account with the mortgage payment - but that is again paid by the mortgage company in a lump sum for the next year's coverage.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 10-03-2007 08:13 AM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. Scarlet, I have to pay my own homeowners insurance now, as I have paid off my mortgage, and have clear title to it. And I do pay in one lump sum, annually
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.