Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More cap one cards????

tag
2anewu
Regular Contributor

More cap one cards????

Hi all, I have one cap1 cc ($300) and of course I have more invites.  So my question is....do I apply for another one?  I am waiting for two disputes to complete on TU for the WAMU card and did not know if it was a good idea to apply for another sub-ber.  Will another cap one hurt or help?
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: More cap one cards????

@2anewu wrote:
Hi all, I have one cap1 cc ($300) and of course I have more invites. So my question is....do I apply for another one? I am waiting for two disputes to complete on TU for the WAMU card and did not know if it was a good idea to apply for another sub-ber. Will another cap one hurt or help?

I say avoid unless it is the only thing you can get.
Message 2 of 26
2anewu
Regular Contributor

Thanks!!
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Crap one just figured out I paid them off.
They are sending me all kinds of spam trying have be buy s#$%
Message 4 of 26
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Stay away if at all posible.
Message 5 of 26
smallfry
Senior Contributor

One Cap One card is one too many. Unless of course your credit line is 25K and your APR is 7.9%. No longer in my wallet.
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

avoid them like the plague..... Smiley Mad
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree...avoid Crap One. I had a Crap One card with a $300.00 limit. I had the account for about six months and never made a late payment. I was out of town and was not going to get back home in time to send in a payment, so I called my daughter and ask her to send one in for me along with hers. Both were due at the same time. Unfortunately, her check was returned. They charged her a $29 returned check fee on her account, and also on my account as well, plus the fact that until the checked was cleared, it caused my payment to be late, which added anther $29 fee on my account, causing it to go over my credit limit adding another $29 nor $39. I contacted Crap One to dispute the fact that they charge both accounts the $29. returned check fee. It was one check....but they charged the fee twice. They would not remove the fee. I explained to them that I didn't think it was fair to charge $29.fee twice for one check, and that if they hadn't of charged it then I would not have gone over my limit. They still refused to take it off. I told them I was willing to pay the late fee with no problem, but that I would not pay the returned check fee or the over the limit fee. They still refused to remove it. I told them that I would settle up with them and pay off my original balance prior to the mishap and one late fee and close the account. They refused....so I just replied "OK, I just won't pay you a dime on my account. I never paid another penny on it. They now have on my credit record that I owe close to $1800.00 on a $300.00 limit fee. This haunt me for another two years.

I have done a lot of researh on Crap One and there are tons of lawsuits filed against them, tons of depute claims filed with the Fair Isac Credit Act. They won't do anything about Crap One.
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had 2 cap1 cards.1 with a CL of $300 with a yr charge. I stopped paying it & they cancelled it showing amount owed $0000. I also have another with a CL of $3000 which they just gave me a CLI of another $1000. I also received checks to use.....3% charge up to $50.00 @ 5.99%. I paid off account & am about to write myself a check for $4000. I can then pay off another high int. card with a bal of $2000.
 I have heard stories about them but I have had good luck so far.
Message 9 of 26
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Mine is paid off and might never see the light of day again.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.