Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More consistent monitoring options?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: More consistent monitoring options?

Hello Takeshi!  You suggest that part of the OP's problem may be relying on a system that is trigger based.  Yup I agree 100%.

I also agree that people are often better served by reviewing their reports and that people are often driven crazy over obessing over numbers.  Yes indeed!

You mention too that creditors don't all use FICO 8.  Indeed.  That was a point I was stressing.  There are lots of models they might be using besides FICO 8.  They might be using the mortgage driven FICO scores, for example, which use models far older than FICO 8.  Or they may be using the Auto or CC enhanced variations which have a totally different range.  And then again it's possible that a lender might use something other than FICO altogether.

So my general point is that, if a person is paying for a service that gives him regular updates of his "true FICO" scores, that sounds like it might be especially valuable.  Except when you realize that the scores are the general FICO 8 scores, and that there's a very good chance that any particular lender may not use them. 

That's why I think there's something to be said for using a hybrid approach that gets a zillion true FICO scores once a year, and then uses a free Vantage service to make reasonable judgments as to whether one's overall profile is improving or not.  (Karma's willingness to supply you with frequent reports is especially helpful here as well.)

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.