Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More consolidation questions

tag
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

More consolidation questions

I am still looking into options to consolidate my debt. I have called my local CU's and the rates are higher then what I am paying right now. I have been toying with the idea of looking on www.lendingtree.com . Any opinions about this site? When I plug in my info am I going to get a million inquiries? Aside from CU's does anyone have any ideas on how to consolidate my debt for a rate of 7% or less?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: More consolidation questions

Do you have equity in a home/real property?  Maybe a second trust/HELOC.

Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@illcrew3 wrote:

I am still looking into options to consolidate my debt. I have called my local CU's and the rates are higher then what I am paying right now. I have been toying with the idea of looking on www.lendingtree.com . Any opinions about this site? When I plug in my info am I going to get a million inquiries? Aside from CU's does anyone have any ideas on how to consolidate my debt for a rate of 7% or less?

My only experience with Lending Tree was about 10 years ago. I filled out information about mortgages. I am STILL getting phone calls about it.

I would not recommend that route.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 5
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

I guess I'll stay away from lending tree. I do not own a home or property so a HELOC or something of the sort is not possible.

Message 4 of 5
bicknar
Regular Contributor

I had the complete opposite experience with Lending Tree about 8 years ago.  I went shopping for a car loan re-fi.  I received responses from a few banks, one of which was very low interest rate.  Took it.  Received a few calls.  Told them what interest rate I got and they stated they couldn't match and then I've just occasionally received e-mails with specials and offers from Lending Tree ever since.

I guess it all depends.

A

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.