Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Lates when Paying as Agreed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Lates when Paying as Agreed?

I had a mortgage with WAMU, paying on a repayment plan after a lengthy unemployment.  WAMU then sold the loan to WellsFargo.  Wells Fargo would not honnor the commitment made with WAMU and the process started over.  Again on a repayment plan with WellsFargo, we were LIED TO regarding the due date of the repayment.  To make matters worse, we didn't realize until the last payment, that we wouldn't even be caught up!  We'd have another full pmt due in 3 days! 

Bottom line is this - WAMU reported late even though we had an agreement and were paying according to those terms.  Wells Fargo then reported late because of a serious misrepresentation (resulting in a late payment).  We were told that the payments would be due by the last day of the month.  When I attempted to pay the last payment of the repayment plan on August 28th.  I was told that the plan had been revoked because we missed the due date and there is no grace period. 

So here we go again - back to trying to get a repayment plan established...

In total it looks like we were late 30 days 7 times in the last 15 months which was a crock!  We've paid according to the repayment plan. 

Is there a way to get rid of these "lates"? 
What's the best way to get Wells Fargo to fess up to their mistake or at least work with us on the reporting?    I was thinking a GW letter, but I'm so pissed about the chaos and misinformation and the way we were decieved that I'm not sure I can effectively be gracious and explain the problem.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Lates when Paying as Agreed?

1st you need a copy in writing of your pay plan agreements.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have that.  1 from Washington Mutual, 2 from Wells Fargo.
The wording on the first wells fargo however, is a little shady regarding the dates due.  There are dates listed, but nothing clearly stating that it is due on that date, no exceptions.

Message 3 of 5
ozgirl
Regular Contributor

I think I have a similar situation that needs correcting and is stumping me. We had a 3 month deliquency on our mortgage. We made a payment the fourth month but it was one day past the "due" date and they put us into foreclosure and put the money into a suspense account. We began working with WAMU to make a payment arrangement. They seemed to drag their feet on this matter and all the while refused to accept any further payments. Of course this put us even further behind--even though we were offering to pay almost all of the 3 months. They were busy calculating "fees" etc... which added substantially to the deliquent amount. Finally, after nearly 2.5 months of waiting around they made an agreement with us and we were back on track. However, now looking back on my credit report, I see that they kept reporting us as 120, 90 etc...days late until the last part of the payment arrangement was done. While I know we were deliquent, I resent the fact that we were honestly trying to make the payment and they were refusing the money and using the time to add additional fees onto our outstanding balance. The worst part is that there is now a notation on one of our credit reports indicating that foreclosure proceedings had started. I really want to get that removed!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you.  It's absolutely unfair that these companies can have such a dramatic effect on your life, but seem to have all the control.  They won't accept a partial payment, take their time in calculating whatever, all the while you're compounding fees and getting farther and farther behind.  You'd think they'd want whatever money they could get out of you rather than making matters worse.  Then what, they have the time and effort to file paperwork, foreclose, then sell your house...it just doesn't make sense. 

I will say that Washington Mutual was much better to deal with than Wells Fargo however.  Please keep me posted on what information you find out.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.