angelajock

Mortgage interest rate

I was pre approved for a 130,000 mortgage at a 6.75 interest rate through FHA. I am on my Credit Unions website and their highest interest rate is 6.60. Would it really make that much of a difference on my monthly payments to go with the credit union? FHA is the only place I have had run my credit so far. I dont want to have everybody and their mother running my credit and I am at a 556 when they are done!

Equifax- 645
TU- 657
Experian-675 
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Mortgage interest rate

Not on a 130k mortgage. And all mort Inqs within a 14 day period count as one against your score.. so it is ok to shop around.
Regular Contributor
OneMortgageGuy

With your score that is a great rate going with FHA and thats better then going with a subprime loan. Keep in mind that you will be paying a min of 2 point up front.
Established Contributor
so_confused

Make sure the term at your credit union is the same most only do 20 year loans...IME
9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}