Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgages

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgages

Hey All,

It's Eve.  Question?  If I am disputing items on my credit report, mainly collections and judgments, and say they get deleted, how does that affect my fico score?  I think negatively because I had 3 deletions from TU and all of my scores have dropped significantly. Like by 50/60 points and I have worked so hard to build up my scores.  I am so discouraged right now.  Someone pray for me, please!!!

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgages

Collections and judgments disappeared completely from your CRs, but your FICOs went down?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you looking at FICO scores? Your mortgage scores may be different and TC scores will also be different.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

are you sure nothing else changed on your report?  like UT, inquiries, new collection, etc.

also, how many good, aged tl's do you have?  if all of your aging dumped, that might have caused a drop.

never forget that thar' scorecard factor that i despise.

myhearts07 wrote:
Hey All,

It's Eve.  Question?  If I am disputing items on my credit report, mainly collections and judgments, and say they get deleted, how does that affect my fico score?  I think negatively because I had 3 deletions from TU and all of my scores have dropped significantly. Like by 50/60 points and I have worked so hard to build up my scores.  I am so discouraged right now.  Someone pray for me, please!!!

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I AM NEW TO THIS BOARD /FORUM AND I AM JUST ENJOYING READING THE INFO EACH OF YOU HAS TO OFFER.. IT IS WONDERFUL TO SEE PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE.  ON YOUR QUESTION, I WANTED TO ADD THAT I HAVE PAID OFF MANY OLDER AND NEWER DEBTS AND MOST OFTEN THE OLDER ONES PAID CAUSED MY SCORES TO DROP-- BUT ONLY FOR ABOUT 30-60 DAYS BEFORE THE SCORE INCREASED.. GOOD LUCK.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.