cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgaging first home, discovered a collection on my report from an unknown company help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgaging first home, discovered a collection on my report from an unknown company help!

Hello,

I have worked hard over the last five years to build a solid credit rating, and now when I need it more then ever (already applied for pre-approval mortgage, found home, signed purchase agreement, got seller's consent etc..) I discovered a recent post to my credit report for a medical collection. The collection is for Nco-Medclr for $295. I've never heard of this company, never received a bill and never ignored a bill for that amount (or any amount). I pulled my Fico and observed the following:

TransUnion - 674
Equifax - 708 (does not contain collection)
Experian - 658

Looking at the above numbers and the collections it appears it has not yet been reported to Equifax and if/when it is reported, I can expect my fico to drop. I've never heard of the company seeking the debt but a quick google query returns poor customer service etc..

At this point, I don't know what to do.. I've filed an online dispute with Experian and printed one for Equifax, am I doing the right things? I don't even know who to pay if I were to try to pay this off. I'm just very confused and nervous as a drop to below 700 could have a significant impact on my mortgage.

Any suggestions, any help, please?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
cw81
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mortgaging first home, discovered a collection on my report from an unknown company help!

What is your time frame for purchasing the home ? Read the top of the forum there is sticky for HIPAA which deals with medical it outlines the proper procedure to get this rectified. If you have specific questions post in this thread and someone will help you.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.