cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mother and Daughter same name= DISASTER!

tag
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

Mother and Daughter same name= DISASTER!

For those of you who haven't heard my story here it goes and for those who have Sorry Smiley Sad My mother and I have the same first and last name with no middle initial and obviously have lived at the same addresses in the past. The problem is our reports keep getting merged I 've called the CRA'S many times regarding accounts that are hers that keep coming back verified to me and they give me the "Special" department to talk to who does nothing after all is said and done. EQ had my mothers date of birth on my report I disputed and sent a copy of DL and SS card they fixed it , but every time I file another dispute for one of my mother's accounts they put her date of birth back on. They say it keeps happening because when one of the creditors updates my file they have her date of birth on their file and keep replacing mine with hers. That's the point when I get annoyed and say which ever creditor is supplying her date of birth should be removed I mean it's not rocket science right?! I 'm going to MOV every account and see what happens. I have my own credit issues I don't need my mom's too. Trying to break the cycle of poor credit management.
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
annah
Contributor

Re: Mother and Daughter same name= DISASTER!

Try doing all disputes through the mail, and sending in a copy of your dl and ss card with the dispute.

That should help clear it up.

My name keeps randomly changing back to my maiden name (from 5 years ago) so I've started sending in copies of my DL. It seems to help.

Good luck!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

when sending dispute to CRAs...along with DL.......if you have a middle name ADD it.
Message 3 of 8
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice I'll give it a shot and keep you guys posted. Smiley Happy
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you also need to talk to the creditors-

Message 5 of 8
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

Is it okay to talk to the OC and CA's over the phone in a case like this Timothy? Or strictly all in writing no matter what.
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OC's yes
CA's no-

Message 7 of 8
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone Smiley Happy I'll keep you posted.
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.