Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to another State after DV

tag
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Moving to another State after DV

So,  I DV'd a law firm in Rhode Island that was contacted by a CA--I currently live in RI.  RI is a peculiar state because of the extremely long SOL.  Anyway, I will be attending Yale university and I will be moving to New Haven, CT next month.  After law firm sent dunning letter I DV'd but have not heard back from them.  I don't know whether they plan to take the matter to court yet because they have not replied (approx. 30 days)  and I know there is not time limit.  Given that I'm about to move, should I also inform this firm of my intent to move?  I would have for them to pull some shenanigans whereby they serve my RI address and I'm unable to respond because I no longer live here.  Is there any precaution to avoid this?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Moving to another State after DV

shameless bump
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moving to another State after DV

IMHO-

Put in a forwarding address-

When you have your new address (and mail won't get lost) - Send another DV with your new address- put "second request" on the letter. CMRRR

ChemGuy wrote:
So,  I DV'd a law firm in Rhode Island that was contacted by a CA--I currently live in RI.  RI is a peculiar state because of the extremely long SOL.  Anyway, I will be attending Yale university and I will be moving to New Haven, CT next month.  After law firm sent dunning letter I DV'd but have not heard back from them.  I don't know whether they plan to take the matter to court yet because they have not replied (approx. 30 days)  and I know there is not time limit.  Given that I'm about to move, should I also inform this firm of my intent to move?  I would have for them to pull some shenanigans whereby they serve my RI address and I'm unable to respond because I no longer live here.  Is there any precaution to avoid this?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.