cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Inquirys from Car Dealership..What to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Inquirys from Car Dealership..What to do?

My husband and I purchased a car in 12/14 and I just noticed on my Equifax report that there are at least 4 hard inquirys including Wells Fargo whom we have the loan with.They are all on the same day and I've heard that multiples can count as one if done on same day but Im not seeing that.They are counted in my amount of inquirys.What can I do about this? Thanks for any input!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: Multiple Inquirys from Car Dealership..What to do?

If I am not mistaken, if they are all coded as auto industry and in the same time frame (as yours certainly are), then scoring only dings you as if it is a single HP.  The inquiries still all show, but score as only one.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Inquirys from Car Dealership..What to do?

They are on the same day but categorized differently as Bank,Finance,Automotive and than of course by the dedalorship name.Should that make a difference? Thank you for the input.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.