Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple credit inquiries for one credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple credit inquiries for one credit card

So, I had applied for a bank of america card which was denied due to a fraud alert on the CRA. I called and got the alert removed and called BofA back to have them try again, they said it was still impossible due to the fraud alert(which was removed) but it made another inquiriy. I called CRA to be sure they did in fact remove the fraud alert which they did, so I called BofA again to let them know it was indeed removed. They ran it a third time and It went through and I was approved. Given the circumstances is there anyway to remove two of the 3 credit inquiries? If so, what woud be my best route of doing so?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Multiple credit inquiries for one credit card

I would presume that the CRA would not list an inquiry that was not filled in a consumer credit report.

I would  contact a supervisor at the CRA and request their policy as to recording an inquiry that is not completed in a credit report.

You could also contact the creditor and request that they recode the unfilled inquiries as soft.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

I would presume that the CRA would not list an inquiry that was not filled in a consumer credit report.

I would  contact a supervisor at the CRA and request their policy as to recording an inquiry that is not completed in a credit report.

You could also contact the creditor and request that they recode the unfilled inquiries as soft.

I will be trying both. maybe my best shot is getting the creditor who is aware of the situation at the least to recode them as soft inquiries?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

I will be trying both. maybe my best shot is getting the creditor who is aware of the situation at the least to recode them as soft inquiries?

Hi there,

How did things turn out for you regarding the INQs?  Did you have any success?

Thanks in advance ;-)

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks in advance ;-)

I was hoping to begin with a phone call to the OC. I have not had the time to do so during business hours yet. Hopefully I can get to it on monday and report back with positive results.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks in advance ;-)

I was hoping to begin with a phone call to the OC. I have not had the time to do so during business hours yet. Hopefully I can get to it on monday and report back with positive results.

Ahhhhh... that makes sense.  Hopefully it will go well.  Thanks for such a speedy reply ;-)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.