cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple inquiries on the same day for a car loan

tag
HigherCredit

Multiple inquiries on the same day for a car loan

I read somewhere in this forum that if you're shopping for a car, CRA's group multiple inquiries on the same day as one. Well, I checked my EQ report and my dealership made multiple inquiries on the same day on two different days. How can I rectify this?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple inquiries on the same day for a car loan

i've heard that if it's for the same type of loan (car, mortgage, etc.) within a week or so, it's counted as one or at least hurts less than several hards for multiple credit types. fico takes into account rate/deal shopping and doesn't take you to task for being a smart consumer.
Message 2 of 7
HigherCredit

So even though it's reported multiple times, it doesn't hurt my score?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

within a specific time window for the same type of loan, as i understand it. this is not the case with credit cards, diff animal all together.

HigherCredit wrote:
So even though it's reported multiple times, it doesn't hurt my score?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

IF I am notmistaken, you have a window of 30 days. I read somewhere, and I cannot remember where.
Message 5 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

With the "de-duplication window", FICO scoring looks at your history for the last 12 months, and when it sees two or more hard inqs for the same type of mortgage or auto loan within a two-week period (I think it's 30 days now for a mortgage, correct me if I am wrong), it will ignore all but one of them as far as scoring is concerned. FICO doesn't treat credit card inquiries like this, BUT THEY SHOULD!!!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read about multiple pulls having no impact repeatedly and have told customers this for years (I work at a dealership)....I now believe otherwise....The underwriter I am dealing with wants an explanation of all my mortgage related pulls. And the creditors names are all names like MortgageOne, HomeLend,etc (I am making these names up, but you get the idea).
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.