Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must respond to Sears by noon TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Must respond to Sears by noon TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I need serious help.  Sears called me today telling me I need to pay $731 by noon today.  They said if I do not pay, they will take me to court.  What should I do??  They said I must make an arrangement with them today.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

loveninewest
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Eric958
Established Contributor

Re: Must respond to Sears by noon TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

If you can't do a PFD than consider that if they sue you and win a judgment it will be on your record for 7-10 years. The good thing is this debt is still with the OC which means down the road you may be able to get them to remove this TL later if not now after making a payment to settle the debt. If you can't do a PFD I would try to make a payment arrangement that I knew I could afford. Being as I don't know your financial situation only you know what that is.

Being as your on this board that tells me your INTERESTED in cleaning up your credit,therefore I recommend you stay on top of this and deal with it the best you can.

DO NOT DROP THE BALL!

GOOD LUCK- you will improve your credit this year!!!!!!!

E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 2 of 5
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

I agree, make an offer to pay in 2-3 month installments and make sure you get in writting that they will delete the account when you are done.
I cannot stress this enough, GET IT IN WRITTING.
I think using the "take you to court" is a scare tactic to get you to pay the account.
Did sears call you are a CA posing as sears?
If it was a CA threatening you with court is illegal.
Make that payment directly to sears and not the CA in that case make sure sears transmits the info to any and ALL CA's, often they will send it to one CA then they will send it to another and so on until you have numorous CA's all with different pay offs.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the DOFD or DOLA???   What is your SOL?

When did you stop paying?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an account with Sears that was charged off.  The collection agentcy would continually call and make threats--must have your payment by noon.  Would call and harass me at work.  One day at work I hung up on them and they called back and told me they would have the sherriff's department out to deliver papers that afternoon.  At the time I was only working part time and had a family with three children.  They knew I had little income and would not be able to meet their demands of payment in full.  They also refused to work with me on any type of payment plan.  All of this was before I found these boards.  By the time I got here the account was beyond SOL.  It has now dropped of my reports. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.