Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My CU Can't Get a Score From TU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CU Can't Get a Score From TU?

I applied for a CC through my local CU the other day - I was approved for an unsecured card, but at their subprime APR and a $500 limit. Figured it was due to my short history (oldest card is a Cap. One I opened in December, 7.5 months old).

However, when I went in to sign the cardmember agreement today, I looked at the paperwork, and apparently they couldn't get a score from TU (the only one they pulled). Any ideas on why that could be? EQ and EX are both reporting 7 months of history on that card (Nov.-May on EQ, Dec.-Jun on EX). TU shows 6 months of history - Maybe that's it? CCT has a FICO8 score for TU, @ 690. 

I guess I'll wait until I see the 7th statement show up on TU and then see if I can get a recon on the APR and limit? Not too broken up about the APR (9.5%), but $500 is pretty hard to work with, especially considering I've got higher limit cards through Citi, Discover and Cap. One. Honestly surprised I could even get a CC without a FICO score. Might have something to do with the fact the apps are manually underwritten? I imagine even without a score they could see everything else, right?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: My CU Can't Get a Score From TU?

It just may be that TU doesn't have enough reported to work with. If not, once you start using this card, they should get info to begin reporting on that would eventually trigger a score. That's my guess.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

A couple of months ago I tried getting a CLI on one of my cards and the creditor said that they "couldn't access my TU report."  It was acting is if it was frozen but I never froze any of my reports.  After many phone calls to both them and TU and no one being able to give me an answer why, I sort of gave up on it.  I got the CLI anyway after a manual review of my account so I didn't think much of it.  Recently I applied for new credit and my TU report was pulled just fine, so whatever the "glitch" was somehow it was rectified. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies.

Far as I can tell, TU doesn't have a score for me yet. Discover's mobile app can't show me a FICO score, and they go through TU. Kinda weird, I figured once EX and EQ generated a FICO for me, TU would as well. The "Cost of Credit" statements for Citi and Discover showed me a score, but they pulled EX.

Oh well, I'll wait until Discover shows me a FICO (if I had to guess it'll be right around the time TU updates my account with the 7th statement from my first Cap One card), then go for a CLI and APR reduction. 

Pretty happy with the CU so far - Lowest APR by far (even with their subprime rate), no BT or CA fees other than the interest that accures immediately. I can even move cash to my checking or savings account from the CC online. Guess they treat it like a line of credit, rather than just a CC.

Really funny thing is, their high yeild savings account has a higher APR than the CC. If I can qualify for a lower rate after my FICO score generates, I could take out a cash advance on the CC, dump it into the savings account, and actually MAKE money.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.