Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Credit Scores are Up!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Credit Scores are Up!

Just wanted to give folks some encourgement. Less than 1 year ago my credit scores were in the low to mid 500 range. Today I pulled my reports and my scores are as follows Transunion 660, Experian 653 and Equifax 627 (will go up to about 640-650 once one of my credit card reports for the month of May). I was able to achieve about an average 100 point increase by managing my credit cards and paying all my bills on time (mortgage and auto loans). Over the last couple of months and from reading these boards I determined that keeping a low utilization on your credit cards is key. I only have 2 credit cards with limits of 500 and 400. I can't belive that I am only points away from having a score that matches the national FICO score average. So hang in there. Time and a good payment history is key to achieveing you FICO score goals.

CCM
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: My Credit Scores are Up!

Good work.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work! It feels good doesn't it?
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

On your cc you have now ,after 6 months ask to raise your credit limit that will help to raise you scores, keep your balance below 30%
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes...keep up the good work. Keep those balances low. Apply for CLIs every six to nine months. Apply for new cards once in a while.
Message 5 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Way to go!
Message 6 of 16
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Very nice.  I just changed my major CC reporting date so I can pay it twice a month to keep utilization low when the report it, then pay it off in full when it is due.  Smiley Very Happy

They suggested a CL increase, but I didn't want the hard pull (it is a newish card)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the encourgement and thanks for the tips as well. I was recently approved for a new mortgage with 100% financing. I don't close until 6/22, so I can't apply for any new credit until after I close. I keep getting preapproved Wamu credit card offers almost daily. I know they will give me (I hope) a decent credit line that will hoepfully increase my score even more. Once I get the Wamu card, I'm going to hang tight on applying for any new credit cards for a while. I will work with my current credit card companies and request CLI's.

CCM
Message 8 of 16
wilee
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the encourgement and thanks for the tips as well. I was recently approved for a new mortgage with 100% financing. I don't close until 6/22, so I can't apply for any new credit until after I close. I keep getting preapproved Wamu credit card offers almost daily. I know they will give me (I hope) a decent credit line that will hoepfully increase my score even more. Once I get the Wamu card, I'm going to hang tight on applying for any new credit cards for a while. I will work with my current credit card companies and request CLI's.
CCM

Wow! 100% financing on a mortgage with a score around 650? You just made my day! Congrats on the greatly improved score!
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you use the ScoreWatch product. I have been laboring over which credit monitoring tool to use. This is the one that gets the rave reviews. Just wondering what others experiences are like.

Thanks
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.