Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dumb Question of the Day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Dumb Question of the Day

Some of you might remember me telling you of my dilema of last month.  My mortgage check  bounced due to an automatic payment that I authorized coming through at the same time.  Well,  they suggested at the time that I write a good will letter explaining my situation when I was caught up on everything.  I got caught up and wrote my letter but did not send it until I saw the report update.  I am having issues with TU right now, but got an offer for a 1 month free triple advantage report.  I took a peek and July, August and now Septmeber is reporting fine.  My question (actually questions) are:  isn't it reasonable to believe that they would have sent my 30 day late in from July when this month reported?  And how accurate is Triple Advantage as far as the report goes?  Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Dumb Question of the Day

daytona18 wrote:
Some of you might remember me telling you of my dilema of last month.  My mortgage check  bounced due to an automatic payment that I authorized coming through at the same time.  Well,  they suggested at the time that I write a good will letter explaining my situation when I was caught up on everything.  I got caught up and wrote my letter but did not send it until I saw the report update.  I am having issues with TU right now, but got an offer for a 1 month free triple advantage report.  I took a peek and July, August and now Septmeber is reporting fine.  My question (actually questions) are:  isn't it reasonable to believe that they would have sent my 30 day late in from July when this month reported?  And how accurate is Triple Advantage as far as the report goes?  Thanks in advance.

If they are reporting fine, I would not worry. Now, if you go to refi or sell, whatever system mortgage companies use to pull your credit, it may show up there. I just refinanced last month, and I all of my reports that I pulled showed no lates. The one my mother pulled ( she is in the mortgage business) showed my one late mortgage payment from earlier this year. I was stupid and not thinking, went up to the bank on the 30th of the month, which that particular month, the 30th fell on a Saturday, paid my mortgage and then it dawned on me that my payment will not post until the following business day. Oh well....lesson learned, and now I've become such a pro with my finances, my mortgage is ALWAYS paid the very first Monday of every month!!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, that's interesting info.  I wonder....when I applied for the CCCU card, the lady said I had a 30 day late in December of last year.  I know I didn't, but I refi'd that month.  Could it be possible that she really did see it?  It does not show up on any of my reports.  And come to think of it, when I did refi, they said I was late in September of 06.  Nothing shows on my reports and I don't remember being late.  Ummm, question is....how can you argue something that you can't see?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with you...but I'm no gonna argue anything...or wake up anything!!!! I still got a GREAT rate. I had an ARM (adjustable rate) before, and now I'm fixed at around 6%...can't remember the exact rate...my mother handled it all and all i did was sign a million pieces of paper. The late is  not on my reports that I pull, and it's obviously not showing up to creditors, because I've been approved every time i apply! CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, I was like 45 days late back in 2005, and that one is showing up on my reports, but it has been almost 3 years (January 2008) so it is not affecting me as much. I submitted a statement on my reports to let them know why I was late ....had multiple kidney stones which meant several surgeries!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.