Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My EX Fico Dropped 33 Points! :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EX Fico Dropped 33 Points! :(

I have the Experian service and the only thing that changed from yesterday was it says I used 35% credit on my credit cards which I was told as long as the cards laid off before the statement cuts it doesn't matter. I'm assuming it's doing a daily update and would come back up because in the same app it now shows 6%.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: My EX Fico Dropped 33 Points! :(

You can't rely solely on what the update says.  To determine the cause(s) for any scoring change you have to carefully review reports from before and after the change.

@Anonymous wrote:
I used 35% credit on my credit cards which I was told as long as the cards laid off before the statement cuts it doesn't matter.

If your cards report on statement date that is correct.  However, not all cards report on statement date.

Any score is generated based on the data in a report so as far revolving utilization is concerned it's the balances and limits on your reports that matter.  The scoring model does not have access to the current balances for your revolvers.

Revolving utilization is a significant scoring factor but it's not the only one.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.