Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Equifax Fico just went up!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Equifax Fico just went up!

I'm pretty excited now.  I logged on and saw the Score Watch Alert.  My goal is to get my Fico to 660 by the end of September. 

As of March 07 590
May 07 615  - Increase of 25pts after disputing 2 accounds which were charged off and settled and one account which was reporting as owed when it was paid in full.
May 07 613 - decrease of 2pts- I believe due to increase balances
June 07 620 - increase of 7 pts- not sure but I also got an alert that the Sears account which I am an authorized user increased by 10 from $448 to $458 total limit $1861- this card previously had been inactive for a long time.

I've paid down two cards - Cap 1 and Orchard  to 15-20% utilization and I just opened a WAMU cl of $4500  so I expect my scores to increase again shortly.

Whoo hooo!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Equifax Fico just went up!

congrats!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tuscani.  Now, I would your thoughts and anyone else who would like to join in on the following:

We are in the process of refinancing a HELOC and got our scores from the bank.  My TU score was 627 on May 18th.  As I stated earlier, I have disputed a few things with TU and EX as of May 6th so I'm expecting a change any day now or even sooner.  When I checked my PFICO on my WAMU account on line, it was 642, which is correct? Is my score which the bank pulled a true orange to orange FICO or does it have components specific to mortgage scoring that would make it different?

Thanks.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Tuscani. Now, I would your thoughts and anyone else who would like to join in on the following:
We are in the process of refinancing a HELOC and got our scores from the bank. My TU score was 627 on May 18th. As I stated earlier, I have disputed a few things with TU and EX as of May 6th so I'm expecting a change any day now or even sooner. When I checked my PFICO on my WAMU account on line, it was 642, which is correct? Is my score which the bank pulled a true orange to orange FICO or does it have components specific to mortgage scoring that would make it different?
Thanks.

PFICO is the TransUnion bankcard-enhanced FICO score. The TransUnion classic FICO score is named EMPIRICA, and can only be purchased from MyFico or from TransUnion Consumer Solutions at transunioncs.com.

The TU score the bank pulled is most likely TU's classic FICO score or a custom version very similar to it.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So does that mean my WAMU Pfico score is worthless? I thought the scores on WAMU are true FICO scores.  I'm so confused.  Should I purchase my Transunion from MyFICO to see which is the truer score?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So does that mean my WAMU Pfico score is worthless? I thought the scores on WAMU are true FICO scores. I'm so confused. Should I purchase my Transunion from MyFICO to see which is the truer score?

There are several "true" FICO formulas - classic, auto-enhanced, bankcard-enhanced, etc. If you apply for a credit card, the CC company will probably review your bankcard-enhanced FICO scores from the CRA(s), such as the PFICO score from TU.

From what I've read, most people have reported their enhanced FICO scores are close to their classic FICO score. In your case, I don't think the difference bwtween 627 and 642 would affect your approval or interest rate.

In many cases, the consumer is unable to purchase the exact score that a lender obtains from the CRAs. Nobody can purchase an auto-enhanced or bankcard-enhanced score from any of the CRAs.

WaMu is actually giving us useful information by providing TU (or sometimes EX) bankcard-enhanced FICO scores. If someone's TU bankcard-enhanced FICO score is higher than the TU classic score, it probably indicates that the EQ and EX bankcard-enhanced FICO scores would also be higher than the EQ and EX classic FICO scores. Such information might give people a better indication of whether they will be approved for certain CCs.

Unfortunately, the PFICO score is less relevant than the classic FICO score for mortgage-related loans.
Message 6 of 10
ktl55
Regular Contributor

congrats
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Now let me ask you How did you dispute your information with equifax to get them to correct the information. I am having a hard time getting equifax to delete accounts that should of been taken care of already. I have disputed these same accounts with experian and transunion and they have both deleted the information from my file. Equifax on the other hand, updated the information as far as paid or included in bankruptcy but they havent deleted it. I have disputed twice online to them for the same accounts.  Any words of wisdom on how to deal with Equifax.

Thanks
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! Now let me ask you How did you dispute your information with equifax to get them to correct the information. I am having a hard time getting equifax to delete accounts that should of been taken care of already. I have disputed these same accounts with experian and transunion and they have both deleted the information from my file. Equifax on the other hand, updated the information as far as paid or included in bankruptcy but they havent deleted it. I have disputed twice online to them for the same accounts. Any words of wisdom on how to deal with Equifax.
Thanks

Let me know when you find out.
They even deleted one on my Good TL's that I did not dispute.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed via CreditSync system here  and sent it in via slowmail.  One was for a BOA AU settled account which they deleted and some other erroneous info i.e verizon cell phone bill which was delinquent.  The only problem was that I have never had a Verizon phone and have never gotten a cell phone in my name ever.  Those were deleted and 2 old stundent loan accounts which had been paid but was showing past due.

I have disputes pending for the same items with the other 2 CBs that I'm waiting to be resolved.  I should have sent them in the same time.

Perhaps. you could resend by mail with any supporting info that you have.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.