cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fico 3 credit bureau monitoring does it work?

tag
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

Re: My Fico 3 credit bureau monitoring does it work?

I started getting alerts from EQ and EX since Friday. Nothing from TU tho, my new account got added sometime last week. May be I missed it? So i wont get any alert until next inquiry or new account?

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 101 of 159
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I logged-in to my Credit Secure account at Amex to check for some updates. All three of my reports show 1 CC reporting a small balance. Before I had two CC's reporting small balances. I thought cool! So, I log-in here to check if there were any new alerts with Identity Ultimate. There weren't. I bit the bullet and purchased the 3-Report View, which I received a 30% discount. All three of myFICO reports show the the same thing as my Credit Secure reports. One CC reporting a small balance. My EQ score went up 4 points, TU went up 7 points and no change to EX.

It's clear to me something is wrong with the 3-Bureau Monitoring and Identity Ultimate. It reminds me of the problems with SW that went on for months years ago. I'm not getting what I paid for. I shouldn't have to purchase a 3-Report View to see changes to my scores and reports when I already have one of the new myFICO credit monitoring services. I called CS and cancelled my subscription.

Message 102 of 159
taxi818
Super Contributor

@fused. im very surprised to hear you canceled. now i don't know what to do. a true blue member of myfico says it is garbage. then what are the rest of us to do. Smiley Sad

Message 103 of 159
dabo1502
New Contributor

All, I am also surprised but its understandable. If only the "powers-that-be" would read the various message of our displeasure, perhaps they would make a "sincere" attempt to rectify the problem. What baffles me is they'd rather risk losing long-term consumers ($14.95 each month) for a short term gain ($60 for 3 months). And to think, many members on the board of directors graduated from prestigious business colleges (Penn, Wharton, etc)....geez! I smell a lawsuit acoming...
EQ - 812 (CCT) 5/29/17 / EX- 819 (CCT) - 5/29/2017 / TU - 812 - 5/29(CCT) / Util - 2% / AA0A - 6 years, 8 months

Diners Club Prestige - $40K; Amex ED - $18K; Amex BCE - $5K; Chase CSP - $6K; Chase Freedom Unlimited- $8K; Chase IHG - $17K; Walmart MC - $7.6K; Discover - $12.9K; Merrick - $4850; Credit Care - $2.5K; Pay Pal - 5K; Macy's - $5.2K
Message 104 of 159
taxi818
Super Contributor

I don't know if lawsuit. It's inky been about 3 weeks. Give em a little time. I think they get bugs out.
Message 105 of 159
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:

I logged-in to my Credit Secure account at Amex to check for some updates. All three of my reports show 1 CC reporting a small balance. Before I had two CC's reporting small balances. I thought cool! So, I log-in here to check if there were any new alerts with Identity Ultimate. There weren't. I bit the bullet and purchased the 3-Report View, which I received a 30% discount. All three of myFICO reports show the the same thing as my Credit Secure reports. One CC reporting a small balance. My EQ score went up 4 points, TU went up 7 points and no change to EX.

It's clear to me something is wrong with the 3-Bureau Monitoring and Identity Ultimate. It reminds me of the problems with SW that went on for months years ago. I'm not getting what I paid for. I shouldn't have to purchase a 3-Report View to see changes to my scores and reports when I already have one of the new myFICO credit monitoring services. I called CS and cancelled my subscription.

By CS, you mean Customer Service at myFICO, not Credit Secure, I hope. So does that leave you without any FICO service?

Message 106 of 159
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@fused. im very surprised to hear you canceled. now i don't know what to do. a true blue member of myfico says it is garbage. then what are the rest of us to do. Smiley Sad

I didn't say the new services are garbage, I'm just not happy with what I'm paying for.

Message 107 of 159
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, I meant CS at myFICO.

I will continue to have the service until November. After that, I'll purchase scores when I need to.

Message 108 of 159
taxi818
Super Contributor

I understand. After 3 months. Will cancel as well but maybe. I will get tu and experian updates by then. Not sure.
Message 109 of 159
tt92618

Everybody that is unhappy with their experience needs to file a BBB complaint and also needs to complain to the CFPB about the deceptive advertising employed surrounding this product.  The only way these issues will be addressed is if the heat and the pressure becomes enough to get noticed. 

Message 110 of 159
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.