cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fico 3 credit bureau monitoring does it work?

tag
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

Re: My Fico 3 credit bureau monitoring does it work?

Well, it's coming up on that time of the month for me when EQ usually updates. We'll see if EX and TU follow suit.

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 111 of 159
Involver
Valued Contributor

Welp. Balance updates on EQ. None on EX.

have a feeling this is going to be very hit or miss.
Message 112 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have heart, the service does work. Its been working apparently flawless for me since the day after it launched. I use both the USAA and myFico 3B services, and so far they have been updating in lock step ever since I started my spree. They typically report in the mornings, within 1 hour of each other. I haven't seen a single inquiry missed so far, and if a new account has reported on one, its also reported on the other. It sucks the service is not working for so many, especially since it has great potential. myFico better take notice, because this could spell a PR death of the service before it gets going. If it was a month to month service, it probably wouldn't be so bad, but with a minimum 3 month signup, many are not going to take the chance for fear of getting locked into paying $60 for something that appears to still be in beta mode. I would say, keep writing them and making noise! Tell them to get the service out of beta asap. ;-)
Message 113 of 159
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

I can't wait to hear about reports of this working. I'm very interested in this product. For $20 it's nothing... if it works

Personal:

Business:

Message 114 of 159
andersk08
New Contributor

Ive gotten updates from Equifax and Experian. Nothing from Trans Union even though Credit Karma reported a balance change and limit increase. 

Starting Scores: ( 9-9-14 )
Equifax FICO - 507 TransUnion FICO - 580 Experian FICO - 535
Current Scores: (10-08-14)
Equifax FICO - 552 TransUnion FICO - 639 Experian FICO - 609
ALL pulled from MyFico 3 Bureau Monitoring
Goal Score - 650 Across the board ( For Starters )
Message 115 of 159
andersk08
New Contributor

I emailed customer support because credit karma was updating my transunion but the 3 bureau monitoring was not. Here's their reply:

Thank you for contacting myFICO Customer Care. TransUnion FICO SCORES do not update as frequently as Credit scores, that are used for educational purposes. TransUnion alerts are usually updated ever 30 to 45 days based upon when and what type of information is being reported.

If you have any questions or concerns, Please call one of our Customer Service representatives at 1-800-319-4433 (Monday-Friday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM; Saturday 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific Time), and we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
myFICO Customer Care
www.myFICO.com
Starting Scores: ( 9-9-14 )
Equifax FICO - 507 TransUnion FICO - 580 Experian FICO - 535
Current Scores: (10-08-14)
Equifax FICO - 552 TransUnion FICO - 639 Experian FICO - 609
ALL pulled from MyFico 3 Bureau Monitoring
Goal Score - 650 Across the board ( For Starters )
Message 116 of 159
too-much-time
Frequent Contributor

@andersk08 wrote:

I emailed customer support because credit karma was updating my transunion but the 3 bureau monitoring was not. Here's their reply:

A link to FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring Frequently asked questions + concerns would have been helpful. Still, what good is "a credit monitoring alert", when there's "a “lag” of over 30 days from the time the transaction occurred to the time it appears on your credit report"?

Message 117 of 159
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

I'm very interested in subscribing to this service to keep track of all three, but will wait a bit to see if they work out the issues. 

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 118 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question. Ive never used this before and just signed up for it 2 days ago. How exactly do I set this up for alerts or does it automatically do so to my email. I did not put my phone number in for alerts at this time. Also, do I have to order new reports in order to see any score changes. I thought when I signed up it would automatically change the score as it updates, a bit confused on this issue and basically how the product works. Any help would be appreciated. A little discouraged after reading all the posts. Wish I would have read this first.

Message 119 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/FICO-3-Bureau-Credit-Monitoring-Frequently-a...

Beachglass,

The above link is a sticky that admins posted re: the 3 bureau service. I have personally tried setting alerts in multiple formats and am having NO LUCK. A lot of us have been having tech issues with the service. Hopefully you have better luck.

Message 120 of 159
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.