cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fico 3 credit bureau monitoring does it work?

tag
slickshoes182
New Contributor

Re: My Fico 3 credit bureau monitoring does it work?

I hope CreditPlay is correct and that the other bureaus will start updating soon (definitely disappointed that the CSRs aren't aware of this issue so they can update us on whats going on).

I just got another Equifax update and my score suddenly became great there. I'm really tempted to make an app or two. Unfortunately, still haven't seen any updates on TransUnion or Experian so I don't know what my score is like on those. Aghhh! myFICO, whats going on with those two scores?!?! App or don't App?!?!

Message 31 of 159
EW800
Valued Contributor

Same here as far as Equifax updates only. I am sincerely hoping that at some point soon the customer service reps and admins will believe us when we report that there IS an issue with the TU and Experian aspects of the product. 😟
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 32 of 159
slickshoes182
New Contributor

Well I just got off the phone with customer support. Maybe you guys should give them a call too to be sure they are aware of these widespread issues. They're open until 7pm EST (4 pm PST) today (Saturday).

The service rep said that they are still working with TransUnion to get all the alerts setup. They also said that as CreditPlay indicated, it probably takes time for TransUnion and Equifax to connect to the new products and start updating it.

I also talked to them about my 3 Report View which was a very frustrating experience. I purchased 3 standard reports in July and everything looks perfect. However, in the 3 report view, while the total shows the correct number of accounts, when they break it down into "Installment," "Revolving," "Mortgage." and "Other" the accounts did not add up to the "Total Number of Accounts" on experian. The first agent that I talked to kept saying, "No bugs have been reported in our product! This must be a credit bureau problem! Contact them not us!" Eventually they transferred me to a supervisor who immediately understood the problem, saw that their numbers didn't add up, and also wondered how it could see the correct number of accounts, then lose track of some. I also pointed out a bug on the 3 Report View where it reports "Vehicle Loans" as revolving accounts for some bureaus, though the supervisor checked my "Standard Reports" and confirmed that they are correctly coded at the bureau as "installment accounts."

I wish the regular customer service representative was not so defensive, and could take down the apparent bugs to forward to the technical support team as the supervisor did. I still can't stop laughing to myself about how the software has "No bugs reported!" while customer service reps also refuse to take customer reports of bugs. 

Message 33 of 159
myjourney
Super Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/Frequently-asked-questions-and-concerns-abou...

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 34 of 159
taxi818
Super Contributor

I wished they would have listed this before I signed up.

Thank you for contacting myFICO Customer Care. We are only able to generate updates as the information is generated to myFICO. When you request a new report, it will show any report data as of the date of your request. However, through the monitoring service as the information is sent on an update depends on how the information is generated to us from the credit bureaus. Please allow more time for any updates to come through.

We appreciate your patience on this matter.

Regards,
myFICO Customer Support
Message 35 of 159
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Over two weeks and still not one alert ... When it was the original score watch I got an email every weekletting me there was no change ... Haven't gotten anything since switching

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 36 of 159
sapling

For what it's worth, I did get a Transunion alert that they had placed a fraud alert on my account. This was a day after the Equifax alert. So it may be that specific things update more quickly, or they are fixing it? 

Oh, and that made my score go up about 7 points apparently. -facepalm-

Message 37 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just sent email to support. 3 out of 5 free sites I subscribed to sent me multiple alerts today. Still NOTHING from the 3 credit bureau monitoring service. I know its working for some people but, it doesnt seem to for me.

Smiley Sad

Message 38 of 159
EW800
Valued Contributor

I'm in the same boat, Danijoy. I am certain that the Exp and TU products are not working in my case, however calls to support and messages via the on-line support tool are falling on deaf ears. I've even been told that there have been NO other reports of issues by other subscribers....
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 39 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

EW800 Do they not read their own forums? lol. I've read that numerous people have reported issues. Ugh

Message 40 of 159
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.