Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fico Alert to Collections on Equifax, Equifax does not show Collections

tag
NYCGIRL718
Established Member

My Fico Alert to Collections on Equifax, Equifax does not show Collections

Hi,

So earlier in the week an account was added to my Exp report which was not mine.  I contacted the creditor who was rude and unwilling to help.  Just told me to pay up.  They told me the account was from another state in 2011, which would be impossible.  I contacted EXP and FTC, in turn I was directed to complete the Affadivit and police report.  After doing so I submited to EXP and they deleted the account.  Now the alert I got today from MY FICO says this accout was added to my EQUIFAX however I checked Equifax today and there is no such account.  What I do see is a fraud alert that was added because of the fraud I reported with EXP.  Could it be Equifax is behind?  or is it possible Equifax would have deleted the account because of a fraud alert?  I plan to call them in the morning.  this is so frustrating

Thanks for any info

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Fico Alert to Collections on Equifax, Equifax does not show Collections

@NYCGIRL718 wrote:

Hi,

So earlier in the week an account was added to my Exp report which was not mine.  I contacted the creditor who was rude and unwilling to help.  Just told me to pay up.  They told me the account was from another state in 2011, which would be impossible.  I contacted EXP and FTC, in turn I was directed to complete the Affadivit and police report.  After doing so I submited to EXP and they deleted the account.  Now the alert I got today from MY FICO says this accout was added to my EQUIFAX however I checked Equifax today and there is no such account.  What I do see is a fraud alert that was added because of the fraud I reported with EXP.  Could it be Equifax is behind?  or is it possible Equifax would have deleted the account because of a fraud alert?  I plan to call them in the morning.  this is so frustrating

Thanks for any info

The bureaus are independent, check with the bureau directly in this case and if it's there it's the same process you used with EX.  They do also update with different speeds.

        
Message 2 of 7
NYCGIRL718
Established Member

I pulled the Equifax report directly from Equifax today and it does not list this account Myfico alerted me on.  I did note that it said added 6/1/16 but maybe between the time of adding and this alert, it has been deleted.  But that is weird because I never known the CRA to delete anything without prompting  (unless its aged out, etc...) .  I thought MyFico gets its info directly from the creditor so its weird for them, at least to me, to report something that is not even listed on the report.

thanks

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRA's do infact report fraud alerts to one another. This is a fact.

Message 4 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

As strange as it would be, I wonder if it is what you said....it was added and deleted. It really doesn't make sense.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA 605A(1)(B) requires that a CRA must:

"refer the information regarding the fraud alert under this paragraph to each of the other consumer reporting agencies described in section 603(p), in accordance with procedures developed under section 621(f)."

Section 621(f) stipulates:

"In general. Each consumer reporting agency described in section 603(p) shall develop and maintain procedures for the referral to each other such agency of any consumer complaint received by the agency alleging identity theft, or requesting a fraud alert under section 605A or a block under section 605B."

Message 6 of 7
NYCGIRL718
Established Member

Got it. Thanks much
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.