Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fico- Not sure if it's worth it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Fico- Not sure if it's worth it

I am not sure if it is worth paying for this service.   I have this as well as True Credit and I get more timely updates form TC.  I haven't had an update from MF for at least 2-3 wks and I have paid of several accounts and had 2 inquires.  The inquiries showe dup 2 days later on TC as alerts and I have not received anything from MF.

Also, I purchased scores from Suze Orman through MF and saw my Fico scores increased as well as my FAKOS and no alerts from MF.  I'm seriously considering canceling and just using the message boards.  I got more alerts during my first 2 months when I joined.  Nothing now.  Smiley Sad

I shouldn't have to buy new Equifax scores to see my scores when I pay for this service.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Fico- Not sure if it's worth it

I signed up for MF 6/28. I have opened 2 new CC so I would have 2 INQ, I also paid off 1 CC.
The paid off acc, and the 2 new acc. are showing on my report BUT nothing from MF no alerts or score change
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If (when) you get an alert..it should tellyou how many points you went up or down on EQ and your new score should show on scorewatch..You should only have to pay if you want to see the actual credit report. But if you can see the report on TC...no need to pay for it again.

Message Edited by ObsessedwithmyFico on 07-15-2007 06:46 AM
Message 3 of 10
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Getting a little frustrated with MF myself. I had an alert from EQ's ScoreWatch (powered by FICO) 2-3 days ago, as soon as several new account activities occurred and my score changed with them, but nothing yet from MF. Usually when EQ alerts me, I get an MF alert within 24 hours.

And I know several things have altered, since I do daily report pulls from TC as well.

I can't wait for the day I am NOT obsessed with all of this credit monitoring.
Message 4 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Unless a credit alert is triggered, it says it only checks your score every 7-10 days. Improving scores is a long term process - think months, not days Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 10
Pants
Regular Contributor

I have read posts on Scorewatch being slow. In some cases I agree. My advice would be to give Scorewatch two weeks after you start to see new accounts and the inquiries show up on TC. In the terms it says your credit scores are randomly checked every 7 to 10 days. Scorewatch is not really an instant thing. 

But if it shows up on TC and nothing shows up on MF for more than 14 days you probably have a valid argument.

I have been so and so happy with Scorewatch. It appears to be lagging, but not enough to where I want to cancel service. I have not yet subscibed to TC.

Message Edited by Pants on 07-15-2007 06:14 PM
Message 6 of 10
Redbud
Established Member

I have had the exact same experience you have.  My FAKOs have evaluated several credit actions on my report and increase my scores significantly.  MyFICO has yet to send me the first alert.... I think I will probably cancel mine.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have paid off several accounts and paid down several others to between 10 and 30% utilization over the past month.  These should, I would think be reflected in a point change.  I don't see the point of it if I have to pay for EQ FICO to get my score for events that took place nearly a month ago.

I'm going to give it 2 more weeks and if I don't see more of the same, I will cancel.
Message 8 of 10
sl
Established Contributor

Myfico seems to be running slow again. I am thinking of cancelling and going to EQ score watch.
Message 9 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have had 19 scorewatch alerts this year, and they have tended to come in bunches when I was doing things.

I am thinking in terms of changes over months, so it does not bother me.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.