Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fico vs Credit Karma

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Fico vs Credit Karma

@peaved_about_credit wrote:

So...... I just signed up here for monitoring and my scores are 74 points higher on myFico!  Okay? I'm (1) confused (2) angry!  Which should I believe? Ficos are true scores right?

If your scores are higher on myfico, you should be happy, because those are real Fico scores and are far more indicative of where you stand in the eyes of most creditors than Fako/non-Fico scores.

Message 11 of 20
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Oh I'm very happy about the score, I'm angry I've been thinking it was much lower for so long! 

Message 12 of 20
ORllyNao
Regular Contributor

@peaved_about_credit wrote:

So...... I just signed up here for monitoring and my scores are 74 points higher on myFico!  Okay? I'm (1) confused (2) angry!  Which should I believe? Ficos are true scores right?

My true FICO scores are also higher than what Credit Karma shows, but the difference fluctuates depending on what changes on my credit reports. I like to keep an eye on both myFICO and Credit Karma. I use CK for daily alerts and keeping an eye on any changes in between myFICO updates. 

FICO 8 | March 2023
Message 13 of 20
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Thank you for your response! I will be using both also. 

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit check total's score seem to be fako scores because they are way off from the actual credit reports, My transunion is showing much higher then what credit check total is showing and the others have not changed. I'm thinking about ending my credit check total subscription. I'd rather pay for a site that has accurate scoring.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit check total's score seem to be fako scores because they are way off from the actual credit reports, My transunion is showing much higher then what credit check total is showing and the others have not changed. I'm thinking about ending my credit check total subscription. I'd rather pay for a site that has accurate scoring.

Credit check total gives 100% LEGIT fico scores.  If you are seeing your transunion score anywhere but myfico or credit check total, you aren't seeing a real fico score.  That includes the credit tracker thing from capital one if you are using that.  There are some cards out there that do show your legit fico transunion score, same as seeing it on credit check total.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the chuckle. CCT is true FICO 8 scores. 

Message 17 of 20
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@cakkd wrote:

Just checked: CK scores are 59 and 63 points higher. Besides the CO, the only negs I have are two 30-day lates between three and four years old. Utilization is 12%.

CK's reported scores are based on the VantageScore 3.0 model. Different model = different results. Many CCs such as Discover Card  and MyFico report scores based on the Fico 8 model. EQ still reports Fico 4 per their Score Power report. All models produce different scores relative to one another even when they use the same CRA data.

The difference between Fico 4 score and  Fico 8 score can be greater than the difference between VS 3.0 and Fico 8. Don't base a model's validity on how much it may differ from "a benchmark model's score".  Each model can be useful for tracking changes in credit worthiness over time - just be consistant in tracking score by model.

I like data and compare changes in score over time using multiple models because the info is available - and free in many cases. (refer to below signature for a score model comparison snapshot).

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 18 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

(Mod Cut- Such postings do violate our TOS in the flaming arena, please refrain from posting something like this in the future. I thank you for your understanding.)

A little more understanding and empathy on your part wouldn't hurt.

How many people understand that Transunion doesn't offer a FICO score at all to consumers?  I would suggest that other than dedicated readers of this particular board on this particular forum, and a few other places online, the answer is virtually zero.  

Likewise different font, while maybe not perfect etiquette, doesn't mean the poster is doing something nefarious.

While it's not my place to enforce the rules of the community any longer, your post fails the ideals of the forum.  Pretty certain FICO Consumer is aware that CCT is a better deal currently than their old monitoring solution, hence their offering the newer product to differentiate themselves.  Room for multiple monitoring solutions in the market place depending on what you need, but just like people commonly confuse Credit Karma provided scores with FICO ones, it's not a long walk to understand that people would confuse legit FICO scores with FAKO's... actually happens a non-trivial amount even if the CK scenario is far more prevalent.

        
Message 19 of 20
MzOptimistic
Regular Contributor

My CK TU score is 88 points lower and my CK EQ score is 29 points lower than my CCT Fico scores and the reason why my TU score dropped was because my student loans were all closed in error and once they were opened back up; my CK scores never jumped back up. I use them to monitor my reports and CCT to monitor my scores. Works out perfectly for me.

CreditOne Platinum:$500/CreditOne American Express $500/Self Secured CC $575

Starting Scores in BK13: EX521,TU537,EX520
Current Scores as of April 2, 23: Waiting on Discharge: EX649,TU608,EX579
Goal Scores: EQ750,TU750,EX750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.