cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My GW's are being turned down. What's next?

tag
HigherCredit

My GW's are being turned down. What's next?

After sending several GW's out, I'm getting alil discouraged. My car loan lender won't delete the two 30day lates & a CA won't delete the paid derogatory. What are my options now?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My GW's are being turned down. What's next?

HigherCredit wrote:
After sending several GW's out, I'm getting alil discouraged. My car loan lender won't delete the two 30day lates & a CA won't delete the paid derogatory. What are my options now?

Unfortunately creditors are under no obligation to remove past due or delinquent payment history.  That's why it is referred to as 'Good Will'.  You are basically counting on their good graces to help.

That being said, now that they are paid and currently no longer active, give it time to age.

Message 2 of 10
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Higher - I would try and try again.

I recently had sucess with a GW letter, but it took four attempts. I just kept resending the same letter - just changing the date.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 10
HigherCredit

Wow! Then that's exactly what I'll do, cobra. Thanks!
Message 4 of 10
HigherCredit

Cobra, did you PFD or no?
Message 5 of 10
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Higher - I had two 30-day lates with Macys in May and December '06 that I GW'd.  
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cobra,

If possible can you share the GW letter that you sent. I am preparing one and looking to learn some finer points from ones that have been successful with their GW Letters.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy
coolgoose.
Message 7 of 10
cobra19
Valued Contributor

cool..............know what? I used the same exact GW letter that I found on this site. Just added a sentence in the middle to address my situation - otherwise, it was practically verbatim of the GW letter here.   
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Things like a GW deletion request are VERY subjective. If a clerk reads it they may toss it rather than respond. Or they may sumarrily reject it. Doing so is less work for them than an action to correct delete. But keep changing the date on the letter and resubmit about every 30 to 50 days. You'll eventually hit one wholll wo it for you. May take time but eventually you'll get someone who's in a good mood, feels sorry for you, or is just being nice. Yes. All are rare today but they do still exist. Do NOT give up!
Message 9 of 10
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

HigherCredit wrote:

Don't feel bad. I sent out 10 GW's in July and only heard back from 2. Smiley Very Happy I was kind of depressed about it but was told by my FICO friends to keep sending them. I only tried once more on two out of the ten GWs since the other 8 were old (from before 2004) so I figured I'll let just let it sit there.

Good luck!
02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.